Damn you UCI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Jefe

The Jefe
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I go out to check my mail today and lo and behold there is a big envelope from UCI. :D "Oh my God!" I thought, "could I actually have gotten accepted off of the hold list?" Sadly, no, they just sent me some financial aid handbook :mad: . What a bunch of jerks toying with me like that sending out big envelopes without acceptances in them (and financial aid forms without an acceptance :confused: ). Maybe they are secretly planning to actually accept me and just sending me this to let me know they are still interested :wink: .

Members don't see this ad.

I am a UCI undergrad. My roomate is applying for UCI graduate school right now. He also received a financial aid packet just a few days ago....but he just mailed in his application a week ago...
it just weird things that UCI do....

I interviewed just a couple of weeks ago and they told us that EVERYONE would be receiving this "big" envelope, and warned us not to get excited over it...needless to say I had forgot this little point right up until the moment I opened the letter - I too got a bit anxious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aww well they didn't tell me that when I was there in November. It was a good feeling for a moment.

that is cruel of them...but, maybe your acceptance letter is on its way too :)

They also told us that they would be sending this Financial Aid packet, etc. I also forgot.

You think that's bad, I'm an MSI at another school and UCI is finally sending me an update on my "UCI housing."

I just don't get UCI. I submitted my app in August, and they still haven't decided whether or not to send me a secondary. I did NOT receive any big envelope, nor did I receive a rejection. I have an interview at UCLA next week, so I just don't understand what's up with UCI. Does everyone receive this envelope, or just people who have interviewed?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Epi:
•They also told us that they would be sending this Financial Aid packet, etc. I also forgot.•••••so then, that is not indicative of getting accepted or not? I thought that maybe it was a sign, that they were going to accept us?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by barb:
•I just don't get UCI. I submitted my app in August, and they still haven't decided whether or not to send me a secondary. I did NOT receive any big envelope, nor did I receive a rejection. I have an interview at UCLA next week, so I just don't understand what's up with UCI. Does everyone receive this envelope, or just people who have interviewed?•••••Barb,

No worries about not receiving the UCI 2ndary yet. UCI's been really*20 behind this season and thereby has frustrated many of us. I've got my secondary from UCI in December even though I had my UCLA interview requested in early November..... I was soo pissed and tired by then that it took me almost two months to complete & send it off. Oh, no big fat A$$ envelope for me. I guess it's only for those who have interviewed.

They let us know at the interview day that we'd recieve a big financial aid envelope.

The day of the interview they talk to us about housing and financial aid. They tell you that they will be sending a financial aid package out later for you to fill out. It really is a very short form with about 4 things to fill in.

They only send it to those that have interviewed and it is not indicative of how well you interviewed.