Danburry Primary Care Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurosurg777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been searching on the forum for a while and found a lot of info on Primary care residency but none about Danbury Hospital in Connecticut.

I have an interview on Friday and wanted to see if anyone on here has had an interview with them and what it was like. What kinds of questions did they ask? Why did you choose Danbury?

They are associated with Yale so is the program the same as the Primary Care residency at Yale or is it different. The info I got from them isn't very specific just a bunch of stuff about more time being spent in the ambulatory setting.

Also if there is anyone who is in the program at the moment and can give some info, how they like it, responsibilities, call schedule, etc. that would be great.

Also it seems like fellowships can be done after primary care but Danbury had said those interested in the pursuit of fellowships would not be well served by this experience given the significant amount of time spent in the ambulatory setting. So can anyone please clarify this as well. I understand that spending that much time may not prepare you for a fellowship as well as the categorical IM residency but does that mean I can't. Does it mean it is more difficult to obtain one after because I am not as competitive?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been searching on the forum for a while and found a lot of info on Primary care residency but none about Danbury Hospital in Connecticut.

I have an interview on Friday and wanted to see if anyone on here has had an interview with them and what it was like. What kinds of questions did they ask? Why did you choose Danbury?

They are associated with Yale so is the program the same as the Primary Care residency at Yale or is it different. The info I got from them isn't very specific just a bunch of stuff about more time being spent in the ambulatory setting.

Also if there is anyone who is in the program at the moment and can give some info, how they like it, responsibilities, call schedule, etc. that would be great.

Also it seems like fellowships can be done after primary care but Danbury had said those interested in the pursuit of fellowships would not be well served by this experience given the significant amount of time spent in the ambulatory setting. So can anyone please clarify this as well. I understand that spending that much time may not prepare you for a fellowship as well as the categorical IM residency but does that mean I can't. Does it mean it is more difficult to obtain one after because I am not as competitive?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It is a community program with essentially a name-only connection to Yale. You won't rotate at Yale. Your attendings won't be from Yale. You may have some slim chance of doing an elective or research month at Yale. It's not Yale.

While it is certainly possible to do fellowship from a primary care program, and from a community program, it's much harder to do fellowship from a community primary care program. It's not what they're designed for. You won't have much elective/specialty time so getting the letters and research that help land fellowships will be difficult at best.

Thanks for the info. Would also like to hear from someone that has interviewed there or is in the program about what kinds of questions they ask on the interview, what the program is like, how they like it, why they chose it, etc. Thanks again.