Dartmouth book in mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dittozip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone else get this info book from dartmouth in the mail. i didnt even apply there. why the hell would they waste money on sending that crap to me. went right into the trash. those ivy league *****s....

Members don't see this ad.

dittozip said:
did anyone else get this info book from dartmouth in the mail. i didnt even apply there. why the hell would they waste money on sending that crap to me. went right into the trash. those ivy league *****s....

Yes, God forbid those Ivy League *****s send you informational material!

Are you offended because you don't know how to read or something? You didn't want it, you threw it away. I don't see the reason for the angst.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tell the truth, Dittozip. It was your gunner friend's book and you threw it away, and now you're mad because you didn't get one. Isn't that really what's going on here?

Haha, yea, What is the big deal, they only need 1 person to decide to apply because of that book, and it revenue from that application vindicates them sending out like 15 of them. I am pretty sure they know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Sounds like blatant "money-grubbery" to me! I cry foul against the powerfull influence of Ivy League Capitalism and their mass advertising!!!!! :smuggrin:

:rolleyes:

its called making conversation about the redicness of this process. not everything on this thread is serious.

Haemulon said:
Me too. I got their secondary, but alas ... no book.

too bad i tossed it. i would have sent it to you guys...

dittozip said:
too bad i tossed it. i would have sent it to you guys...

:laugh: Yeh. You know, I like getting med-school stuff in the mail and in email if for no other reason than it temporarily distracts me from the reality that there are, as of yet, no interview offers. ;)

Haemulon said:
:laugh: Yeh. You know, I like getting med-school stuff in the mail and in email if for no other reason than it temporarily distracts me from the reality that there are, as of yet, no interview offers. ;)

at least u can fill out secondaries

amcas is taking their good old time with my verification :(

If they were smart they would have sent me the book. I am still on the fence about applying there. Why no book Dartmouth? :confused: I promise not to throw it out....

jackieMD2007 said:
Are you offended because you don't know how to read or something? You didn't want it, you threw it away. I don't see the reason for the angst.

I think the OP is justified in his anger, Jackie. I HATE junk mail, internet pop-up adds, spam, and other adds directed at me other than those on television. Unless I request information from a school, I do not want it. I perceive school advertising as tacky and desperate.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
I think the OP is justified in his anger, Jackie. I HATE junk mail, internet pop-up adds, spam, and other adds directed at me other than those on television. Unless I request information from a school, I do not want it. I perceive school advertising as tacky and desperate.
the letter that came with the book said "you indicated that you are a minority or disadvantaged blah blah"

Dr.TobiasFünke said:

annoyance maybe. anger i don't think so. what's there to be angry about? it's not like we are being overwhelmed by spam. most are recieving no mail, or one, two maybe three pieces at the most. It's part of life, and like it's been said before we gave amcas permission. just throw it away or delete it and go on with your lives

I got the book today... I hadn't even considered applying there at all, but now I'm like hmmm... well, maybe...

and now I'm seriously considering donating some money to them.

in4mant said:
the letter that came with the book said "you indicated that you are a minority or disadvantaged blah blah"

does this mean they will give me an auto-invite to itnerview since I'm dsiadvataged? makes as much sense as the other auto-invites i guess. I want one of them auto-invites...

i got the book but i had marked them on amcas. then decided not to send in the sec. and now i'm re-considering but proably wont send in the sec.