Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Dartmouth-Brown

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Jul 14, 2001.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anybody heard anything about the joint brown/dartmouth program? I've read their blurb and think I will apply, but I'm not sure if it would be weird to switch schools after 2 years . . .?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Each year about 15 students are matriculated into the Dartmouth-Brown program. These students complete their first two years at Dartmouth and their last two years at Brown. They receive their MD from Brown. Application to this program is initiated through the Dartmouth application; students indicate their preference after the Dartmouth interview. The two schools jointly evaluate each candidate. Acceptances are offered to the Dartmouth MD program and to the Dartmouth-Brown program based on the preference of the applicant whenever possible.

Dartmouth has an informal commitment to enrol a reasonable number of students from Dartmouth College (about 8-12 annually, a formal commitment for 2-7 students from the Bryn Mawr postbaccalaureate program, and a contract to accept five students from Maine.

Most accepted applicants have MCAT scores above 10.

Letters are extremely important in the admissions decision and can be the deciding factor in whether a student is accepted.

2000-2001 First Year Class

6,111 applicants, 561 interviewed, new entrants* 78.

*more, how many more unknown, accepted but elected not to attend Dartmouth.