Dartmouth Decisions Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUN TARSIER!!!

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so b/c of travel fatigue, I damn near passed out during the opening talks by the asstistant dean. When do interviewees hear back from the school? Are they sending decisions all out at once?

PS: Anita and Dan, if you guys are on this, drop me a line! Hope you two are getting good news and sorry I couldn't stay longer for dinner. =(

Members don't see this ad.

Dartmouth says 8-10 weeks, but I think that really doesn't mean much. I interviewed in October, sent an update letter in January, and just received a letter two weeks ago saying that it might be as late as the end of April when they mail my final admissions decision.

Interviewed 1/26. Waitlisted about 3 weeks ago.

RUN TARSIER!!! said:
Ok, so b/c of travel fatigue, I damn near passed out during the opening talks by the asstistant dean. When do interviewees hear back from the school? Are they sending decisions all out at once?

PS: Anita and Dan, if you guys are on this, drop me a line! Hope you two are getting good news and sorry I couldn't stay longer for dinner. =(

They said you could hear back as early as 4 weeks and as late as it takes. I was interviewed Nov 2-3 (MD/PhD and MD interviews) and got my acceptance 12/21. Since I'm MD/PhD it means that both the MD committee and MD/PhD committee had to meet separately, so the 7 weeks it took them to get back to me is longer than the conceivable shortest time.