Dartmouth: Do they leave you hanging?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Blitzkrieg, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member

Secondary complete @ dartmouth: mid-august with letters.

No word as of yet.

In ya'll's experience, what's the turn around time?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    all my stuff was in late August and I'm still waiting

4. CRAZYTERP

Resident [Any Field]
    I called them about a week ago and the woman I spoke to said my application was unavailable so she thought it may have been under review but I haven't heard anything. I received notification that my application was complete in late August as well. I just hope she wasn't boositng my ego a bit rather than telling me my app was not reall under review but thrown in the garbage instead. I would call them up though if you want to. They seem pretty understanding.

5. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Well the mail does come by dogsled...so...think about the processing time accordingly... :cool:

-RA

6. Downshift

Downshift Junior Member

I mailed my Dartmouth secondary on 8/19 and received an interview request letter in the mail early this month (it's postmarked 8/30). They also sent out a nice DVD on the school soon thereafter, which apparently is a first for this year. Be patient, they still might be thawing out from last winter :)

7. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Banned
    Banned

When I interviewed at Dartmouth last year, they specifically told us that although they are rolling admissions, that they are very very careful regarding their selection of the first group of acceptees. They said that often they dont decide on who to admit first until late Nov/early December, even for the August/Sept interviewees.

I cant remember when my application was complete there, but I think it was done by early August, offered an interview in mid October, and got accepted the first week of December.

I also got that DVD ("The DMS Experience") mentioned above, i thought it was a nice touch and had a very professional look about it.