Dartmouth Final Word?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoolietta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows about when Dartmouth's planning on telling me that i got in/waitlisted/rejected and stop stringing me along already;) Interviewed Oct 11, still nothing. Should I call? If anyone has gotten in, when were your letters postmarked? I just feel like it's about time they should be letting people know about decisions, and starting to get antsy here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

At my interview, the director said applications go to committee after about six weeks after the interview. Then, applicants are scored by the committee. Some people get accepted, some people get rejected, but a lot of people fall into the middle, and in that case you might not hear for a while. They use that method so that they can rank earlier applicants against later applicants and give the later applicants a fair chance. So it's been about a month for me. No news. I think I remember some people who applied earlier getting accepted within two or three weeks, but it seems like there haven't been any acceptances in a while.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows about when Dartmouth's planning on telling me that i got in/waitlisted/rejected and stop stringing me along already;) Interviewed Oct 11, still nothing. Should I call? If anyone has gotten in, when were your letters postmarked? I just feel like it's about time they should be letting people know about decisions, and starting to get antsy here. Thanks!

Wjustice is totally right, the dean said that in this process, no news is good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in september and still haven't heard anything....ah well....too far up there in the middle of nowhere anyways but great school

I interviewed in the middle of October and still haven't heard anything.

Yeah, I'll second the fact that no news is good news. It seems like DMS offers a few acceptances early on, quite a few pre-interview rejections, and then the offers will slowly trickle out as the year progresses. I have a feeling there will be quite a few acceptances handed out this December and early January. It's a small class, as well, so I don't think you'll see a deluge of acceptances on a monthly basis like you would at most other schools.

That being said, DMS is in a beautiful location and the staff/faculty there are impressive and incredibly friendly. The hospital there is fantastic, as well.