Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dartmouth -- how competitive?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by QuikClot, Dec 5, 2005.

1. QuikClot

QuikClot Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I decided not to pursue my secondary with Dartmouth, but I'm now re-evaluating my strategy. All 11 secondaries I've done have been with pretty elite institutions:

OHSU (mid?)
    UCSF (mid?)
    Mayo
    Hopkins
    Case Western (interview)
    Columbia
    Harvard
    Northwestern
    University of Colorado (out of state)
    Washington U (out of state; waste of time, I know)

. . . so I'd like to add Dartmouth if it will bring me down to earth a little bit, but not if it's just as hard to get into as Mayo or Hopkins. Your thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. doctoresse

doctoresse Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey, if you are looking for a "safety" school, I don't think that Dartmouth can be considered as a safety school. It is part of the Ivy League and considered fairly competitive to get in.( not as competitive as Harvard but not far behind)
    I would just apply, you have nothing to lose but the application fee, they may interview you and accept you, medical school application process is a roll of dice. :)