Dartmouth Interviews. Still a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennesseejed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied late due to the August MCAT and became complete in early December. I was just wondering how many people receive interviews in later January and early February? I think that I'm decently competitive for the school but my secondary essay sucked and I have very little volunteer experience( something I've heard that they're big on). Any chance for an interview still?

Members don't see this ad.

I know people are reading this. Has anyone heard from Dartmouth lately or does anyone know somebody who got later interviews last year?

Honestly, I don't think you have a shot at an interview. You should have been complete in October, despite your taking the MCAT in August. You waited too long to complete your secondary. But, who knows, this process is full of surprises.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Dartmouth lately or does anyone know somebody who got later interviews last year?

My student host at Dartmouth applied very late (I think it was December too), got an interview in April I believe, was waitlisted and accepted a week after being waitlisted. He did have a 35 though. It's possible, but you're likely fighting and uphill battle since you applied late. Goodluck!

i too was a aug mcater and i finished the app after the scores got back (so pretty late). i didn't really expect much, but i just got an interview invite this past saturday :) i don't know much (or rather anything) about your app, but there's always hope!

I am an august MCATer, and completed the Darthmouth secondary late Oct/early Nov. I received an interview request sometime in December, but I have a lot of volunteer and 'real-life' experience outside of academics. I hope that helps you. From what I understand, Dartmouth is much more about the whole package than just numbers.