dartmouth secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelpy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS app on June 26 and was verified July 26. Yet, I still have not received the Dartmouth Secondary. I just received an invitation to apply from them by snail mail two weeks ago, but it did not mention the secondary application. I'm getting worried :( When did you guys receive the dartmouth secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

kelpy said:
I submitted my AMCAS app on June 26 and was verified July 26. Yet, I still have not received the Dartmouth Secondary. I just received an invitation to apply from them by snail mail two weeks ago, but it did not mention the secondary application. I'm getting worried :( When did you guys receive the dartmouth secondary?

It's online at http://dms.dartmouth.edu/admissions/secapp/application/

Can you send it though if you have not received acknowledgement that they have your AMCAS app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I spoke to them yesterday. They just put it aside until they have received your processed AMCAS, etc.

for the dartmouth secondary pre-req grid, did u guys put down all of courses u've taken even though u have more than enough?

for example, im debating whether to put exactly 8 credits of physics down or all of it (about 15 semester hours).
for bio, they specifically ask for general ones, so that didn't worry me.

heeseop said:
for the dartmouth secondary pre-req grid, did u guys put down all of courses u've taken even though u have more than enough?

for example, im debating whether to put exactly 8 credits of physics down or all of it (about 15 semester hours).
for bio, they specifically ask for general ones, so that didn't worry me.

I would put down only those courses you need to meet Dartmouth's requirements. The secondaries with these grids are trying to figure out only whether or not you've met their requirements.

On the Dartmouth Secondary, there is a question: 2. Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

They provide you with unlimited space. Do they want another personal statement, or something pretty short and narrow?

Mortal_Lessons said:
On the Dartmouth Secondary, there is a question: 2. Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

They provide you with unlimited space. Do they want another personal statement, or something pretty short and narrow?

since they don't specify the length, i think it could go either way.
mine is about 430 words on something that wasn't mentioned on AMCAS