Dartmouth slowness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramz

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone who had a completed appl in early oct not heard back yet? anyone have a diff story to tell?

Members don't see this ad.

Different story - I was interviewed in late October and accepted within a month. Best of luck to you, hope you hear soon. Perhaps they slow down around the holidays? My only options for interviews were late October.

what were ure numbers if u dont mind sharing them

Members don't see this ad :)
Its odd that Dartmouth is slow. For me they were the first with everything. I got secondary July 20th, interview Oct 10th and acceptance on Oct 18th. Compared to UC schools, believe me, they seem pretty fast!! Really, I'm impressed with them.

-take it easy

I vote for slowwwwwww.

I submitted really really early, I think back in August. I called them a couple of weeks ago for a status check. Everything's complete but it hadn't gone to the committee for review. I wondered what the hell it was doing sitting there for 2-3 mon. but didn't ask. I figured I will just let it go, the hell with Dartmouth.

X

i got the slow treatment too. first secondary i got, and the first application that was complete (back in august i think). still no word regarding interivew. weird considering i already got into a better school, but we all know how random the process is.

I'm starting to think that those who hear from Dartmouth quicly tend to get accepted and those who don't get rejected.

I turned my secondary into Dartmouth in early July, and finally got rejected in mid-November.

Originally posted by Adcadet
I'm starting to think that those who hear from Dartmouth quicly tend to get accepted and those who don't get rejected.

I turned my secondary into Dartmouth in early July, and finally got rejected in mid-November.

:( :( :(
i hope not.

My app was completed early september and I got an interview within a week and I was there on their first day of interviews. I've yet to hear from them though regarding acceptance/rejection. I thought it went really well but maybe not....

my app has been complete since early august too, but alas... no word.

my friend however heard really quickly, had her interview in october, and found out 3 weeks later.

Someone posted on a previous thread that Dartmouth is pretty stingy w/ early invites & prefers to accept the bulk of their class toward the 2nd half of the admissions cycle. Seems to be true so far.

I interviewed at Dartmouth a few weeks ago and they told me that a letter from them in the next few weeks is most likely BAD news. They said to expect a long wait.

Hope that answers some questions... of course that doesn't mean it's true and it certainly doesn't mean that if you haven't heard from DMS for 4 months that you are definitely in! :p

Got the ding from Hanover today. Not even worthy of an interview. The letter was weird. It almost seemed as if they feared that I would need counseling after learning of such news.

I'm just glad to have an acceptance in the bag already (Syracuse). Now when rejections come in smiling at me, I can just smile back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having the same experience as most of you guys. My app was complete mid-October, and I've heard nothing. Before that they sent everyting so quickly, so I was expecting some sort of quick response. but not a word.

Haven't got aninterview but got a dvd today. Did anyone else get this?

dvd means you're about to get an interview. I got mine the day before my interview invite. Congrats.

by the way, the dvd is pretty corny. The worst part was the 30 second part on financial aid where they tell you absolutely nothing.

Looks like Dartmouth is getting over their slowness, just got the rejection letter. +pissed+

X

actually that was the first secondary i got and turned in too! i haven't heard a thing since early sept when the app was complete. how do they notify...rejection by mail and interview by email...is that how they work???

Originally posted by nygirl6464
how do they notify...rejection by mail and interview by email...is that how they work???

interview by us mail...not email...well...for me at least.

i just called dartmouth, and apparently my application is currently under review. so even though your app has been there for a long time that doesn't necessarily mean you've been rejected i guess. she said that a decision had not yet been made on mine and when it was, they would let me know by u.s. mail. she was very nice and helpful as has been almost every person i've spoken with at admissions offices.

I have to disagree with the Dartmouth slowness theory. It was the first secondary, interview (1st day of interviews), and acceptance 2 1/2 weeks later. I think the speed is because I live in NH though. The staff were definitely nice (Director of Admissions wrote a personal card along with my letter).

I'm sorry to hear that they're giving the long wait to so many applicants. Good luck to all.:)

Hi there =)

I don't know if this might have something to do with it, but if some of you applied to Dartmouth/Brown you are reviewed by both schools and that may take a bit longer.

I don't know if this is the case, but hey it is a thought!

i don't think you could indicate on your secondary if you were interested in the dartmouth/brown program.

Sorry, i was referring to the wait between interview and acceptance/waitlist/rejected. You indicate preference after your interview. It seems like some people are finding Dartmouth to be slow at both the pre-interview and post-interview stages =)

i haven't heard anything post interview and that was one of the first 2ndaries i sent in back in early sept i think my file was complete. i have lost hope with alot of schools now when i dont' hear back from them for months/!!!!

well, just got the rejection in the mail today so i guess now i have heard from them:(.

Just an update: got an invitation to interview today (without having received the DVD first). Application was completed around mid-November. My app was complete around mid-November.