Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Dartmouth Wait List? Do people get rejected after interviewing?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by altaskier, Feb 22, 2002.

1. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering what the options are after you interview at Dartmouth. I know you can get accepted or be waitlisted, but can you be rejected too? Some med schools don't reject, but others will. So I want to know how DMS works. Also, they told us that you wouldn't hear anything till April 30th (although a few would hear and be accepted before then, but not many). So, is April 30th the day they tell you

a) you are in
    b) you are waitlisted
    c) you are rejected

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know got an answer to this????

4. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by altaskier:
    <strong>Does anyone know got an answer to this????</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry no answer to your question.

Actually, I posted the same question a few days ago, and I didn't get any response either.
    I don't think Dartmouth rejects anyone after interview.

5. dirtyone

dirtyone Member
    7+ Year Member

sorry folks, Dart loves to reject post interview
    (I know this first hand) :D :mad:

6. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dirtyone:
    <strong>sorry folks, Dart loves to reject post interview
    (I know this first hand) :D :mad: </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean immediately? or during the summer?

7. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, i got an acceptance from them 2 months afer interview, i sent them a letter declining the acceptance, and then a week letter i get a letter saying they will be happy to see me there in the fall! How weird is that? I know i didnt check the wrong box becuase i photocopied my letter i sent them declining it. :rolleyes:
    i have to correct that immediately.