Dartmouth Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brickmanli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter waitlisting me at Dartmouth, only three weeks after my interview. Doesn't bode well for me.

Anybody know how big next year's class is right now? I really love Dartmouth and Hanover.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by brickmanli:
•I just received a letter waitlisting me at Dartmouth, only three weeks after my interview. Doesn't bode well for me.

Anybody know how big next year's class is right now? I really love Dartmouth and Hanover.•••••when was your interview?

Does anyone get rejected from DMS post interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by altaskier:
•Does anyone get rejected from DMS post interview?•••••I think so...

At least that's what people told me.

I interviewed on Feb 6, and they made a decision on March 1.

The wait begins...

I interviewed on Jan 30th and recieved my rejection March 2nd. Bummer for me :p but I have other accepts elseware.

When I was there I asked about the waitlist thing and they said that they basically make a rank list, start at the top accepting, and from the bottom rejecting until they have the class filled in July/Aug. So it all depends on where you fall on the "list". He said last year they accepted around 200 people, if that helps at all.

Another question, does the wait-listed student who get in at the end receive a worse financial aid package even if he/she submits it on time, just because of the extra waiting time?

hmm... i interviewed there on jan 10th and still haven't heard a word from them... i wonder what that means.

Dartmouth anyone? please....

uff, so If I interviewed in January and haven't heard a thing. . . am I still considered? still considered for the waitlist?

*Sigh* or just in Limbo. :-

Anyone with anything new from Dartmouth? I interviewed Jan 31 and still waiting.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by rubberducky:
•Anyone with anything new from Dartmouth? I interviewed Jan 31 and still waiting.•••••that may be a good sign..
I interviewed on Feb 5 and waitlisted on Mar 4.

I interviewed at Dartmouth on Jan 10 and received an acceptance today (3/11). I submitted a withdrawal last week, but it looks like it didn't get there in time. Hope one of you guys gets my space! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When does DMS start plucking from the waitlist?

has anyone heard anything from dartmouth lately? i interviewed at the end of jan and im still waiting. after being named one of the >100 on the duke waitlist, i would like some good news--or at least a yes/no. any info is appreciated.

this beats all - I interviewed on the 2nd day of their season (October 4th) and I haven't heard anything yet. I did get a letter saying that they are still considering my file. Jeez, just tell me one way or the other. I'm almost definitely not going, but I would like a decision regardless. Their hospital did kick ass.

BUMP!!! Has anyone gotten anything lately?

I interviewed for the Dartmouth/Brown program on Feb 21st and have heard nothing yet

I interviewed in early March. I had a decent conversation with Mary Brown about their admissions process. She said that most applicants will be placed on the waitlist until they are done interviewing. If you do not get a rejection within about 3 weeks, they have waitlisted you. They do not rank the waitlist. I was a little puzzled by this, so I asked her how they fill the class. She told me they attempt to fill the class will students that will provide a certain atmosphere of quality that Dartmouth wants. I got the impression that they want a certain dynamic, and not just high scores. What this means is that once they sent out acceptance, and people decline, the admissions committee looks for someone from the waitlist that will fill that spot.
I hope this sheds some light .

waitlist #8 (world record?) was in my mailbox today :p

Sounds like im on the waitlist then, since I haven't heard anything. However, it would be nice to get a letter or something.

i got waitlisted for the dartmouth/brown program like around late feb. i interviewed in mid december. i've withdrawn since.

neecie, i was there on that day too! who are you?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by neecie:
•I interviewed at Dartmouth on Jan 10 and received an acceptance today (3/11). I submitted a withdrawal last week, but it looks like it didn't get there in time. Hope one of you guys gets my space! :) •••••

bump... any progress with the big D?

anyone know when Dartmouth will be done interviewing people?

I don't know about when they'll stop interviewing, but they're no longer picking up the phone when you call. Instead, you get sent to voicemail and are invited to leave a message.

Maybe they're getting overwhelmed by all of us calling for updates on the status of our respective applications.

Got accepted yesterday. Woohoo!! Anyone know if Dartmouth has a second look weekend? :D

•Got accepted yesterday. Woohoo!! Anyone know if Dartmouth has a second look weekend? :D •••••CONGRATULATIONS !!!

•Got accepted yesterday. Woohoo!! Anyone know if Dartmouth has a second look weekend? :D •••••Yes I believe they do, I got something in the mail about it awhile back. I cant find it at the moment though for some reason.

You should also be getting a DVD about the med school as well. I thought it was well done.

congrats by the way.

Congrats rubberducky!! The last interview group is this week either Tues or Thursday. The committee meets every Thursday evening to review applications and make decisions. While the admissions are rolling the available admission spots are porportioned over the entire interview period so that statisically the odds of acceptance are the same if you interview the first week or the last week. I really enjoyed the school and especially the students as well as the group of applicants I met. Good Luck to all of you!

i interviewed way back in early January and still haven't heard anything... is no news good news? or bad news? or they're just completely undecided as to what to do with me?!?