Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Assassin

Assassin
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview invite, and was wondering if driving there is an issue this time of year (snow-wise). I'll be heading out of NYC.
Any other travel/general tips are welcome. Thanks~

Members don't see this ad.

They're sending out invites today?? (Feb 2, Saturday)???

I was there 2 weeks ago and had no problems driving...even though it snowed the day before and the day of my interview. NH does a great job of keeping the roads clear. If you're worried, just give yourself plenty of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
jase: The letter is dated 1/31. Mail can be delivered on Sat. in US :)

I'm also driving up but from Long Island. Hey labangel did you stay with a host?

Hehe... nice. The postal service here is very much backware.

Btw, congrats to you for Dartmouth

I was there in December and it snowed like crazy for two days....so, just make sure you leave plenty of time to get there. They are pretty good about clearing roads up there, so no worries!

Good luck

3 dates to chose from: 2/21, 2/28, 3/5

Nope, I didn't stay with a host...they were having exams while I was there. They'll send you a list of nearby hotels after you call them about which date to interview...I just picked one of those.

For those of you who already had interviews at Dartmouth, how long did it take to hear back from them?

They are pretty good about keeping the roads cleared here, and Dartmouth is pretty much a straight shot from NYC. Hey but dress warmly, as I am writing this it is -4!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Legi:
•For those of you who already had interviews at Dartmouth, how long did it take to hear back from them?•••••Interviewed around Oct. 20th, got the acceptance letter around Dec. 1st.

I interviewed there on Nov 17th, was accepted around Dec 1st. For those of you accepted into Dartmouth, are you seriously considering attending this fall? Skye, its really -4? Wow! Skye, could you tell me what your classmates do up there during their free time?

•••quote:••• Hey but dress warmly, as I am writing this it is -4! ••••:rolleyes:

I'm actually an undergrad but I would imagine that med students take advantage of the same types of things in their free time. Lots of people are big into outdoors stuff, Dartmouth Skiway is 15 min away, also better skiing areas not too much farther... hiking, kayaking, rock-climbing, etc. We're on the Appalacian (sp?) Trail so during the summer you see lots of through-hikers (they stay at the frats sometimes :D ). The college also has a lot of cultural stuff, well-known interesting speakers, foreign films (saw a swedish one last night!), that kind of thing. Not too much in the way of shopping or bars or clubs, but if you need to get away to an urban area Boston and Montreal are 2-3 hrs away, and NYC isn't that far. Weekend trips help keep ya sane. :cool: