Dat 7/19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDdental

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally done with the DAT. I studied for a month and half 3-4 hours a day, and 8 hours a day the last week and a half taking practice tests.

I have been silently observing for the past few months, so thank you to all those who have posted advice.

Scores

PA 21 (98.5)
AA 21 (94.4)
TS 22 (97.1)
Bio 21 (93.8)
GC 22 (92)
OC 22 (93)
RC 18 (44.3) :thumbdown:
QR 20 (90.2)

overall gpa: 3.7 sci: 3.5

I'm happy with my scores.

Do I have a chance at getting in at UW???

Members don't see this ad.

NDdental said:
Finally done with the DAT. I studied for a month and half 3-4 hours a day, and 8 hours a day the last week and a half taking practice tests.

I have been silently observing for the past few months, so thank you to all those who have posted advice.

Scores

PA 21 (98.5)
AA 21 (94.4)
TS 22 (97.1)
Bio 21 (93.8)
GC 22 (92)
OC 22 (93)
QR 20 (90.2)

Your stats are solid, but....

UW only lets in 5 or so out of state people a year of 55 seats. I'm not qualified to say if your scores are or aren't good enough. Try going on the Dental forum and ask if there are any non-residents that attend UW and hopefully they can share their stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
NDdental said:

Scores

PA 21 (98.5)
AA 21 (94.4)
TS 22 (97.1)
Bio 21 (93.8)
GC 22 (92)
OC 22 (93)
QR 20 (90.2)

Your stats are good but UW doesn't like out-of-staters. You are a North Dakota resident. I think North Dakota is a WICHE state. So, you may have a chance. Best to directly contact UW.

Great Job...add another great white to the pool of dental applicants. Seriously...awesome man, like totally.

djeffreyt said:
Great Job...add another great white to the pool of dental applicants. Seriously...awesome man, like totally.

Congrats to you! Enjoy the summer. :)

rchuloholla said:
How'd u do on ur practice exams? and when did u take them?

Kaplan CD-
AA-19
TS-18
PA-21
Bio-16
chem-19
ochem-21
qr-22
rc-18

TopScore 1-
AA-19
TS-19
PA-18
Bio-18
chem-19
ochem-18
qr-20
rc-18

TopScore 2-
AA-19
TS-19
PA-21
Bio-17
chem-19
ochem-20
qr-18
rc-21

TopScore 3-
AA-19
TS-18
PA-23
Bio-17
chem-17
ochem-23
qr-18
rc-19

Achiever 1-
AA-19
TS-18
PA-18
Bio-16
Chem-18
ochem-20
qr-17
rc-20

Achiever 2-
AA-17
TS-16
PA-18
Bio-15
chem-15
ochem-16
qr-19
rc-19

Achiever 3-
PA-18
Bio-14
gc-16
oc-20
qr-20

I took all these tests within the last week and a half. I did one practice test a day until two days before the real exam.

Did you go to Fargo to take it? The U of MN told us that we had to make an appointment 6 mos in advance as there were so many people taking the tests. I couldn't believe that Fargo would be that busy? What is the testing place like? Thanks

Walleye said:
Did you go to Fargo to take it? The U of MN told us that we had to make an appointment 6 mos in advance as there were so many people taking the tests. I couldn't believe that Fargo would be that busy? What is the testing place like? Thanks

I did take it in fargo.

I don't know what gave them that idea...I scheduled my appointment 2 weeks in advance. Granted I didn't get the exact day I wanted, I still got it within 2 days of the day I originally wanted. I took it on a Weds. and there were only 4 other people in there with me (pretty sure none of which were taking the DAT). I would schedule it a little sooner if I were you though.

The testing center is small. It is a small room with 10 or 12 computer cubicles. I think they just took a row of study cubicles from a library and stuck a cpu in each one.

good job
NDdental said:

Scores

PA 21 (98.5)
AA 21 (94.4)
TS 22 (97.1)
Bio 21 (93.8)
GC 22 (92)
OC 22 (93)
QR 20 (90.2)

ddsinla said:
how do you compare topscore reading comp to the actual?
do think it worths doing the kaplan road map (putting keywords down on paper)
how was it overall?

I thought it was pretty close to the same. The only thing that's different is that on the real dat you get more conceptual questions like "what's the tone of the passage" or something similar to that. I used the road map technique on every test and thought it worked well. I thought I did better on the the real test than my score says so I don't really know....but I'm not a great reader, so I knew this was the way to go for me.

teefRcool said:
would u say quant reading was easier on real thing compared to achiever?

I thought that both Topscore and Achiever were very comparable to the real thing. Achiever was a little bit harder, just because I thought it had a few more lengthy problems which can cause time problems if you aren't fast or don't move on.