dat achiever vs kaplan vs the real deal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vikings022000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i guess this thread could be kind of like a survey. in your unbiased opinions (those of you that have experience from all three), how would they compare. i guess what i'm asking is, which is more like the real test, the dat achiever or the tests from the kaplan blue book?

thanks for the input. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

vikings022000 said:
hey guys,
i guess this thread could be kind of like a survey. in your unbiased opinions (those of you that have experience from all three), how would they compare. i guess what i'm asking is, which is more like the real test, the dat achiever or the tests from the kaplan blue book?

thanks for the input. :thumbup: :thumbup:

As a retaker, I would say DAT Achiever, both in terms of format and type of questions, although these two softwares have their sciences and maths appear more difficult than the real things. I've gone through 2 sets of tests fom DAT Achiever and have found quite a handful of questions very close to what I got during my first take of DAT.

The 3D solutions also far surpass those from Kaplan. They certainly help me much to better visualize 3D objects in different perspective. Without these, I will never be able to improve my mental perception on TOp-Front-End especially. I found the 12 complete views given together with the self animated models, snap-shots, are truly amazing and useful. By challenging myself what to expect right before I hit the next view (next or previous), I just realize that this has also enhanced my ability to handle the keyhole questions one way and another.