DAT advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animul

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for the DATs for two months and my scores (on Topscore) are as follows:
Biology 19, Chemistry 14, O.Chem 14, Quant. Reasoning 16, Reading Comp 25, PAT 21

I know I need to get my Chem, O. Chem, and math scores up, but after studying for two months with Kaplan and Barrons materials, I just can't seem to raise those scores. I can't afford to take the Kaplan class right now, so is there anything else I can use to study? Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Animal,
How did you study for the test? Did you have the Kaplan review notes? Did you do any practice problems besides the ones from TopScore? What is Topscore anyways? I heard a lot of it on the forum here....is it a bunch of practice tests on the computer? You really need to do more practice problems especially the g-chem. The o-chem is a little easier for me because they concentrate a lot on SN1/SN2, E1/E2, free radical rxns, benzene (ortho,para,meta directors), R/S designations, isomers, naming compounds, prperties, and a handful of reactions. If you need anything jsut email me at [email protected] Get back to me because I might have some stuff you might be interested in.

I bought the Kaplan Review Notes, Lesson Book, and CD-Rom off of ebay, so I took notes from the Review book and studied from those. I took a practice test off of the CD-Rom and my scores were about the same as with Topscore, which is a CD I bought off the internet with a few practice tests. I've been out of school for a few years and I seem to have forgotten all of my chem. My gpa is pretty good (about 3.7 cum and sci), but I'm afraid that low DAT scores will have schools question how I managed to get a good gpa. Also, I'm working full time, so I don't have a lot of study time. I'm scheduled to take the test in 4 weeks - do you think that's enough time to raise my scores?

Animul,
Email me as soon as you can so we can talk. Do you have aol instant messenger? or ICQ? email me with either one and give me a time when you will be online. It is imperative.