Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DAT advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by animul, Aug 5, 2001.

1. animul

animul Junior Member

I have been studying for the DATs for two months and my scores (on Topscore) are as follows:
    Biology 19, Chemistry 14, O.Chem 14, Quant. Reasoning 16, Reading Comp 25, PAT 21

I know I need to get my Chem, O. Chem, and math scores up, but after studying for two months with Kaplan and Barrons materials, I just can't seem to raise those scores. I can't afford to take the Kaplan class right now, so is there anything else I can use to study? Please help!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dental Caries

Dental Caries Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Animal,
    How did you study for the test? Did you have the Kaplan review notes? Did you do any practice problems besides the ones from TopScore? What is Topscore anyways? I heard a lot of it on the forum here....is it a bunch of practice tests on the computer? You really need to do more practice problems especially the g-chem. The o-chem is a little easier for me because they concentrate a lot on SN1/SN2, E1/E2, free radical rxns, benzene (ortho,para,meta directors), R/S designations, isomers, naming compounds, prperties, and a handful of reactions. If you need anything jsut email me at [email protected] Get back to me because I might have some stuff you might be interested in.

4. animul

animul Junior Member

I bought the Kaplan Review Notes, Lesson Book, and CD-Rom off of ebay, so I took notes from the Review book and studied from those. I took a practice test off of the CD-Rom and my scores were about the same as with Topscore, which is a CD I bought off the internet with a few practice tests. I've been out of school for a few years and I seem to have forgotten all of my chem. My gpa is pretty good (about 3.7 cum and sci), but I'm afraid that low DAT scores will have schools question how I managed to get a good gpa. Also, I'm working full time, so I don't have a lot of study time. I'm scheduled to take the test in 4 weeks - do you think that's enough time to raise my scores?

5. Dental Caries

Dental Caries Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Animul,
    Email me as soon as you can so we can talk. Do you have aol instant messenger? or ICQ? email me with either one and give me a time when you will be online. It is imperative.