1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DAT and AADSAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Vietgirl, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Vietgirl

Vietgirl Junior Member

Hi everyone!

A little bit confuse, I need help!

My question is: Do we gotta have the DAT score turn in with the AADSAS application.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vixen

vixen I like members

NO! NO! NO! If you haven't taken it by the time you apply, they ask you to put down the expected date you plan on taking it. Once you take it, then they'll be sent to AADSAS. And remember, the DAT scores pop up on the comp screen, so no waiting around for 6 weeks or something like that. Don't worry :)

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Point of Clarification,

If you haven't taken the DAT prior to the submission of your AADSAS, you do not send your new DAT scores to ADEA (AADSAS)! Your new DAT scores will be directly forwarded to the dental schools that you specified on your DAT application/registration (first 5 dental schools included in the testing fee and $10 for each additional dental school) processed by ADA Testing Services.

Put it simpler terms, once you submit your AADSAS, later AADSAS do not want your DAT scores, send your DAT scores directly to dental schools and you request them with ADA Testing Services (DAT registration people).

I hope I didn't confuse anyone. :cool:

5. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i took my dat last summer and sent the score to 5 schools, so do you all think the schools still have my score in record?? or should I send again to them? or just send to AMDSAS?

6. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Qoo,

I would call those 5 schools and find out what they want! I'm sure they still have your DAT scores on record, but to be sure, call them to see if they want new ones. Most likely, dental schools will need news score transcripts even if you didn't retake the DAT and still have the same scores. Call them and see.

:cool: