Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

DAT audio tapes for $99? Anyone else seen or tried this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dent-2002, Oct 1, 2002.

1. dent-2002

dent-2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was surfing on Amazon and ran across DAT audio tapes for $99 that apparently review material on audio tapes. Has anyone purchased these? Are they worth it? Or are they bogus? How long are the tapes?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hey there,

My friend made me copies of these tapes and I learned a lot from them. The night before my DAT's I listened to the bio part and I scored a 24 in biology. There is over 500 pages worth of information in these tapes. If you want them, PM me and I might be able to sell them to you. Remember these aren't the originals, but quality is great, though. I think 99 bucks is too much.

DesiDentist

4. dent-2002

dent-2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are the tapes really only 3 hours? On amazon, the reviews say that the person has a thick accent. By the way, apparently there is another one called Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis with Jordan and Jonfor $199. Although it is for the MCAT, it is 13 hours long. However, Desi, I am interested. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    The tapes are not very long, but they go straight to the point. That is why they are effective, I think. Hearing 13 hours of information the night before the exam is not going to help you at all, you will only remember the last hour of the audio. I emailed you. Let me know what you think.

DesiDentist