1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DAT audio tapes for $99? Anyone else seen or tried this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dent-2002, Oct 1, 2002.

1. dent-2002

dent-2002 Junior Member

I was surfing on Amazon and ran across DAT audio tapes for $99 that apparently review material on audio tapes. Has anyone purchased these? Are they worth it? Or are they bogus? How long are the tapes?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Hey there,

My friend made me copies of these tapes and I learned a lot from them. The night before my DAT's I listened to the bio part and I scored a 24 in biology. There is over 500 pages worth of information in these tapes. If you want them, PM me and I might be able to sell them to you. Remember these aren't the originals, but quality is great, though. I think 99 bucks is too much.

DesiDentist

4. dent-2002

dent-2002 Junior Member

Are the tapes really only 3 hours? On amazon, the reviews say that the person has a thick accent. By the way, apparently there is another one called Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis with Jordan and Jonfor $199. Although it is for the MCAT, it is 13 hours long. However, Desi, I am interested. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    The tapes are not very long, but they go straight to the point. That is why they are effective, I think. Hearing 13 hours of information the night before the exam is not going to help you at all, you will only remember the last hour of the audio. I emailed you. Let me know what you think.

DesiDentist