dat bootcamp math or math destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineed2getin123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i am on a time crunch and would like to know which would resource would be a better representative of the math of the DAT. Should i focus on destroyer math or bootcamp? which is a better representation of the actual DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought BC was much more representative of the QR section on the DAT. Since you're on a time crunch, I'd definitely solely focus on the BC tests.

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys, i am on a time crunch and would like to know which would resource would be a better representative of the math of the DAT. Should i focus on destroyer math or bootcamp? which is a better representation of the actual DAT?

I thought BC was much more representative of the QR section on the DAT. Since you're on a time crunch, I'd definitely solely focus on the BC tests.

I completely disagree there. The Math Destroyer had every single question that was asked on my DAT, bar one simple question. From the one test I took on BC, there was far less resemblance. The videos on Orgoman's YouTube page were also incredibly helpful in my preparations and representative of the exam.

I highly recommend focussing on the Math Destroyer and watching those Orgoman videos. I think it's a disadvantage for you to go into the exam without those resources.

Everyone's going to say different things, why? Because everyone gets different versions of the test. I thought they were both great resources to use, so if you can, try to use both. Maybe do 5 random BC QR tests, and try to do half the sets in Math Destroyer, alternating your days, instead of fully completing only one of the resources?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I attribute my 30 QR to the Math Destroyer entirely. I know some people who used BC did not do as well, and said that section really needed work. I still highly recommend the Destroyer.

Get both. Seriously, I recommend everyone to use both BC and Destroyer. Destroyer prepares you for higher thought and more complex questions. BC keeps your feet on the ground and doesn't let you forget the simple things. Both are necessary.

I only used the qr problems in dat destroyer and watched orgoman's QR playlist and managed to score a 19 QR on the real DAT. I had the math destroyer but didn't really put time into it and I'm satisfied with the score I got. I never wanted to waste time on this section so did the bare minimum and I think a 19 is great. This is someone who isn't a math guy by the way.
My goal on the real thing was anything above a 15. Surprisingly the section wasn't all too bad. I managed to finish everything on time and had time to track back to marked questions and make an educated guess. My strategy was to just try to answer questions I can solve then move on to the next questions and then come back to the hard ones. Do this because I had like 3-4 Easy peazy questions as my last 6 questions lol, instead of wasting time and not even getting to the last 5 questions.

So, didn't use BC or Math destroyer. Just used the QR problems in dat destroyer and watched the QR playlist which is super helpful!.

for any of you who already took the DAT, Im already halfway through the BC Math, and about to begin the destroyer. I have both Math Destroyer and Destroyer (which contains about 150 math Q's) Does anyone have advice on if I should just attempt math destroyer first or DAT destroyer? I dont want to spend my time solely on QR so which one's more sufficient to fully complete?

for any of you who already took the DAT, Im already halfway through the BC Math, and about to begin the destroyer. I have both Math Destroyer and Destroyer (which contains about 150 math Q's) Does anyone have advice on if I should just attempt math destroyer first or DAT destroyer? I dont want to spend my time solely on QR so which one's more sufficient to fully complete?
If you are limited on time, do all of the work in the Math Destroyer first, if you have time left go back to the Math Problems in the DAT Destroyer. Again math is a very tricky section, you must move fast, not much time to think, you need to be very prepared;40 problems in 45 minutes is a lot, and it being the last section of the DAT makes even more challenging because most students are getting tired at this point.

If you are limited on time, do all of the work in the Math Destroyer first, if you have time left go back to the Math Problems in the DAT Destroyer. Again math is a very tricky section, you must move fast, not much time to think, you need to be very prepared;40 problems in 45 minutes is a lot, and it being the last section of the DAT makes even more challenging because most students are getting tired at this point.
Thanks so much! will definitely begin with math destroyer. Q.R is my weakest section so this advice helps

Thanks so much! will definitely begin with math destroyer. Q.R is my weakest section so this advice helps
I have noticed all your effort in preparing for the DAT, keep going the finish line is near. I have attached a Math Formula worksheet you might find very help too!

Attachments

• Math-formula-sheet-DAT.pdf
    487.2 KB · Views: 188
I would recommend Math Destroyer if you don't have much time left, they were more representative than BC questions imo. Make sure you know how to use all of the formulas, it'll help big time on test day

I have noticed all your effort in preparing for the DAT, keep going the finish line is near. I have attached a Math Formula worksheet you might find very help too!
Thanks a bunch!! I really appreciate the help and time you put into helping students gain an awesome score through your material. Happy new year!

I completely disagree there. The Math Destroyer had every single question that was asked on my DAT, bar one simple question. From the one test I took on BC, there was far less resemblance. The videos on Orgoman's YouTube page were also incredibly helpful in my preparations and representative of the exam.

I highly recommend focussing on the Math Destroyer and watching those Orgoman videos. I think it's a disadvantage for you to go into the exam without those resources.
How did you study for chemistry, organic chemistry, math content material when the books are just questions?

How did you study for chemistry, organic chemistry, math content material when the books are just questions?

The book is a lot more than just questions from my experience. The questions contain a lot of information in them that you can personally turn into notes to help you learn, and the solutions contain a wealth more of information for you to learn and take notes on. The questions are merely the basis for the book, but the content there goes far beyond just questions.

When I had a question that wasn't answered by YouTube videos, a quick google, or the facebook group, I just referenced my college textbooks. Might as well put those to use after spending tons of money on a degree.

Feel free to check out my breakdown for a much more detailed description of how I used the books to study. Hope this helps!