Aug 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Every time I do a PAT test on BC, I get destroyed on Keyholes and it usually ruins the rest of my test because I spent too much time on each problem.

I feel like Angles, Hole Punching. Pattern Folding and Cube Counting are fairly easy to do well on.

TFE I am decent at but I end up using a lot of time to get the answer. I've been skipping TFE until the end, but I think I may start skipping pattern folding and do TFE instead since if I put my mind to it I can do well on. I know Bootcamp has a TFE generator, but doesn't their Keyhole generator just take questions that come from their 10 practice tests?

I have only 1 week until my DAT and I am getting worried. I really need want to hit at least a 20 or 21 on each section of the DAT but my BC scores haven't been that great. Would you guys say CrackDATPAT is more representative of the real DAT? I attached my BC scores for the first five tests so far.

What do you suggest to do better on Keyholes?

Attachments

PocketRocket

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Practice, we're talking about practice..... Make sure to go over the explanations. BC is really good with those. Also, I found that 15 min on holes and 15 min on TFE worked best as far as timing is concerned. I haven't used anything but BC for PAT.

Reactions: DDS-King

x0jessmariex3

2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
You're doing just fine. I believe that Keyholes and Angles on BC are significantly harder than the real DAT, while the rest of the sections are pretty much on point. My 10 BC PAT scores ranged from 16-19 and on the real thing I scored 25. Just be sure to review the answers you got wrong and read the explanations. The explanations are the best part about BC

mleu

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Bootcamp in my opinion is much more difficult than the real DAT. I even thought to myself during the DAT, are you serious? Bootcamp was so so hard! It is great practice though! I couldn't score about an 18 with bootcamp taking about 8 tests. On the real PAT I made a 20!

Reactions: DDS-King
Jul 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Bootcamp PAT is the most representative of the real PAT. CrackDAT is a good starting resource but not as tough as the real PAT.

Feb 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Wow, your scores pretty much look identical to my mine, except TFE and angle ranking are switched haha. I haven't taken the DAT either (one more week!) but what's been working for me is starting with angle ranking. Once I finish everything else (I have about 30 mins left), I start with question 30 on TFE and work my way backwards until question one. I usually have about 18 mins left for keyholes, but I still don't do that well on it since I find it the most difficult.

OP
DDS-King
Aug 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Wow, your scores pretty much look identical to my mine, except TFE and angle ranking are switched haha. I haven't taken the DAT either (one more week!) but what's been working for me is starting with angle ranking. Once I finish everything else (I have about 30 mins left), I start with question 30 on TFE and work my way backwards until question one. I usually have about 18 mins left for keyholes, but I still don't do that well on it since I find it the most difficult.
Nice! My bad I just saw your comment. Yea I tried starting with angles today I did PAT test 7. Ended up getting like 64/90 still pretty low. No matter what I do, keyholes destroys me every time, and it ruins the rest of my test since I know I am fairly decent at TFE if I have time to think it through. But what happens is i'll have 20-25 mins left for TFE and KH. TFE takes me a bit so then by the time I get to keyholes I have like 7-10 mins and its brutal. I really hope the real DAT is easier. I am praying for a 21+ ill be happy but I havent scored above 20 on BC yet.

pursuingadream

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I never broke 19 on BC PAT and got a 21 on the real thing. I also wasn't feeling super confident on the real thing when taking it and was pleasantly surprised with my score.

FloorMatt

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Well on the other end of the stick I was getting 21's repeatedely on bootcamp and got a 21 on the real thing. I thought that the TFE and keyhole were harder on the dat but it evened out because the rest was easier. I guess you could say for whatever you're scoring on bootcamp you will either get that grade or higher on the real thing.