DAT Breakdown 2018 (19 PAT/20 QR/25 RC/18 BIO/16 GC/25 OC/18 TS/20 AA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vnkc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning on applying this June, but am a little worried about my numbers. I have a 3.0 GPA and I didn't do super well (Bs and Cs) in my core science classes in undergrad. I don't have high hopes in terms of top schools, but would I be able to get in to any schools with my GPA + DAT scores?

Thank you in advance for all your help :)

Members don't see this ad.

The average DAT score is a 20AA and a 3.5ish GPA. You could apply strategically and early with a killer PS with solid experiences along with a good amount of volunteering and shadowing hours. You have a chance but from the academic side of things its quite low, however, you won't know until you go through the cycle. I recommend you put a lot of effort into the secondary applications and also plan for a DAT retake. GL

The average DAT score is a 20AA and a 3.5ish GPA. You could apply strategically and early with a killer PS with solid experiences along with a good amount of volunteering and shadowing hours. You have a chance but from the academic side of things its quite low, however, you won't know until you go through the cycle. I recommend you put a lot of effort into the secondary applications and also plan for a DAT retake. GL
Thank you for your response! I've been volunteering/shadowing/working for a few years, so I feel safe there. Should I plan to retake the DAT for this application cycle (so sometime before June '18)?

Thank you for your response! I've been volunteering/shadowing/working for a few years, so I feel safe there. Should I plan to retake the DAT for this application cycle (so sometime before June '18)?
Scoring a 22+ would be ideal especially if you can do it sometime in June, that would greatly increase your chances.