This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeapedsdoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
xxxxxxxx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Bio/GC/OC/RC/PAT/QR/TS/AA
19 / 17/ 22/ 22 / 20 / 19 /19/ 20

Finally took my DAT a couple days ago, and all I can say is everything happens for a reason so just breathe. I freaked out during the general chemistry section because I was taking too long on questions, and my scores showed it. Don’t freak out — You can do it!

I studied for about 4 weeks. Each day was dedicated to one subject. I took 4 days out of the 4 weeks to work just on QR and PAT. The rest was dedicated to sciences. I think my studying was definitely rushed and if I had more time, I’d take it.

Biology: used cliffs, read over it once. Used Bootcamp bio notes (these were amazing!!!) and took notes on those. I also took all the Bootcamp tests and learned from those. I got a 19 on the exam. I thought I’d do better since I was averaging 21 on Bootcamp, but I’m not mad!

Chemistries: MIKES VIDEOS SAVED ME. Just go over and over your notes, and do Bootcamp practice problems. I got a 22 on orgo and a 17 (I know, yikes) on gen chem. Your test performance really does get affected by attitude, so just relax. Gen chem was my easiest subject but I let fear get to me.

PAT/RC: RC was soooo easy. I had 20 extra minutes. I just read the articles in whole, highlighted, and answered questions. Got a 22. PAT was tough because of time. I definitely say to I keep practicing as much as possible.

QR: way easier than Bootcamp. I can’t stress timing enough! I had to guess on the last 5 because I ran out of time.

I tried using destroyer but it overwhelmed me with such little time. I did do half of it for
Bio, which helped solidify some Concepts but I’d say don’t stress it if you can’t fit it in your schedule.

My last words to you: YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!! During my break I legit thought I failed
And got 15s on everything. I called my boyfriend and mom crying on the phone LOL. Remember to not be discouraged. People on this site and those that post scores are going to have high scores because most do not post bad scores. Aim for that high 20’s but don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t get it. Keep grinding y’all!!
I take mine in 13 days and haven't really used destroyer, Do you think its worth using it (for QR as im a bit weak on that)? Sciences I get around a 16-19 so I'll just focus on bootcamp for those. I've been an emotional wreck the past few days ahaha just trying to stay calm until the exam.

@dent56171 destroyer is great for everything. There are problems that may seem easy, but get wrong b/c of the nuances. Definitely feel like i'm learning things/getting practice that would not be available elsewhere. If you have time, finish every section, maybe some of the math as well.

I take mine in 13 days and haven't really used destroyer, Do you think its worth using it (for QR as im a bit weak on that)? Sciences I get around a 16-19 so I'll just focus on bootcamp for those. I've been an emotional wreck the past few days ahaha just trying to stay calm until the exam.
Yes do destroyer!! You can easily finish the book in 13 days. You learn a lot and it's good review. Opening up the book is half the battle. JUST DO IT - Nike

Also, I would do it for QR, the QR in destroyer actually isn't difficult and there' only 150 problems.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes do destroyer!! You can easily finish the book in 13 days. You learn a lot and it's good review. Opening up the book is half the battle. JUST DO IT - Nike

Also, I would do it for QR, the QR in destroyer actually isn't difficult and there' only 150 problems.
Yeah even if I get through half of it for each section I feel like it'll help. I've done about 4/5 tests for the science sections and saw a 18-19 as my score for the first two then the last two I kinda got stressed and scared so my score went down. Hoping that doesn't happen on the real exam. And I need to not focus on the score anyways aha and just learn.

I did do some destroyer for QR!! Since I was pressed on time, I went through and found questions I had no idea how to do and learned how to. That was most effective for me and I saw some similar ones on the DAT

I did do some destroyer for QR!! Since I was pressed on time, I went through and found questions I had no idea how to do and learned how to. That was most effective for me and I saw some similar ones on the DAT
My destroyers are the 2017 version so it has basic math but no comparison. Is it worth doing that edition?

Would you say the destroyer QR is representative of your DAT QR? Or is it more like math destroyer?

There are MANY MANY versions of the DAT, so it's hard to compare one test takers experience to another, Your experience might not be the same. We work very hard to make our materials to cover all areas and give you the best chance to score high.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.