DAT Breakdown 21 AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSDCMUU

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Its over!!! I can't believe it. I cried after I saw my scores. I literally could have not done it without @orgoman22 @Ari Rezaei, the Bootcamp team, Mike's videos, Chad's videos and all of you here on SDN. I wanted to give back by talking about my experience with the DAT and what helped me. Here we go:

DAT Scores:

PAT 20
QR 17 (don't even care, it was so hard)
RC 21
Bio 24
GC 19
OC 26
TS 22
AA 21 :highfive:

My background: I am a microbiology major at a well-known university in Utah. I have a 3.78 GPA and 3.7 science GPA. I come from a family rich in dentistry. I will be applying this cycle.

Bio: Wow. This section shocked me. It was so easy. All of my sciences were straight-forward. Literally some questions were near identical to DAT BC and DAT Destroyer. I have a strong bio background and love the subject so that sure helped. Your best bet is to read Cliffs AP, do destroyer, and take BC tests after destroyer. Make sure to review the solutions.

General Chemistry: So I have always hated this subject. Probably because I am just not good at it. Still, for not having taken it in a while, I was happy with my score. Chad's videos, Mike's videos, and DAT destroyer are what you need to succeed.

Organic Chemistry: I just finished my Organic Chemistry series this spring. That being said, I felt confident in the material and was scoring high on BC. I went through Mike's videos which were great and destroyer twice. These two things will cover anything you will see in this section.

PAT: No rock keyholes. Thank goodness! I honestly thought I was going to score higher in this section but whatever. Practice with BC generator and you will be good.

RC: I found this section to be comparable to DAT BC. I had about 8 minutes left and about 12 questions marked so I kind of freaked out. Find a method that works for you and stick with it. I personally used the method of reading half the passage and then search and destroy.

QR: This section was so tough. I was honestly so nervous and thought I bombed it. So many random questions. I didn't finish all of math destroyer which I regret now. Still, very difficult section. Practice, practice, practice. I had QC questions too but they were much easier than BC.

Well, that is it. I am so happy to be done! Good luck to all those applying/taking the DAT. Study hard and it pays off. If you have any questions let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all,

Its over!!! I can't believe it. I cried after I saw my scores. I literally could have not done it without @orgoman22 @Ari Rezaei, the Bootcamp team, Mike's videos, Chad's videos and all of you here on SDN. I wanted to give back by talking about my experience with the DAT and what helped me. Here we go:

DAT Scores:

PAT 20
RC 21
Bio 24
GC 19
OC 26
TS 22

My background: I am a microbiology major at a well-known university in Utah. I have a 3.78 GPA and 3.7 science GPA. I come from a family rich in dentistry. I will be applying this cycle.

Bio: Wow. This section shocked me. It was so easy. All of my sciences were straight-forward. Literally some questions were near identical to DAT BC and DAT Destroyer. I have a strong bio background and love the subject so that sure helped. Your best bet is to read Cliffs AP, do destroyer, and take BC tests after destroyer. Make sure to review the solutions.

General Chemistry: So I have always hated this subject. Probably because I am just not good at it. Still, for not having taken it in a while, I was happy with my score. Chad's videos, Mike's videos, and DAT destroyer are what you need to succeed.

Organic Chemistry: I just finished my Organic Chemistry series this spring. That being said, I felt confident in the material and was scoring high on BC. I went through Mike's videos which were great and destroyer twice. These two things will cover anything you will see in this section.

PAT: No rock keyholes. Thank goodness! I honestly thought I was going to score higher in this section but whatever. Practice with BC generator and you will be good.

RC: I found this section to be comparable to DAT BC. I had about 8 minutes left and about 12 questions marked so I kind of freaked out. Find a method that works for you and stick with it. I personally used the method of reading half the passage and then search and destroy.

QR: This section was so tough. I was honestly so nervous and thought I bombed it. So many random questions. I didn't finish all of math destroyer which I regret now. Still, very difficult section. Practice, practice, practice. I had QC questions too but they were much easier than BC.

Well, that is it. I am so happy to be done! Good luck to all those applying/taking the DAT. Study hard and it pays off. If you have any questions let me know.
Congrats!! Job well done! How did your bootcamp test scores look like in comparison?

Congratulations! Your scores are great (especially your SNS), along with your GPA you should be in a great position.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Job well done! How did your bootcamp test scores look like in comparison?
My BC scores were comparable. I averaged like 19 in Bio so did much better on the real DAT. GC was about a 17 on BC. O Chem 22, RC 22, PAT 20, and 17 QR on BC. If you are doing well on BC I would say you will perform similar on the real DAT. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

DAT Scores:

PAT 20
RC 21
Bio 24
GC 19
OC 26
TS 22

Congratulations!!!!

DAT Beast Destroyed. Love the 26 in Orgo, you admitted you hated GC but you still made a good score. Thanks for sharing you DAT experience with others. 17 in QR is ok and you have a 21 in reading that really counts.

Good luck to you

Dr. Romano

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!!!

DAT Beast Destroyed. Love the 26 in Orgo, you admitted you hated GC but you still made a good score. Thanks for sharing you DAT experience with others. 17 in QR is ok and you have a 21 in reading that really counts.

Good luck to you

Dr. Romano
Thank you for your wonderful product! I could have not done it without your help! Thank you!