1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT Breakdown... Keep your head up people, you can do it!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by zgoettsc, Aug 2, 2011.

1. zgoettsc

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    PA 21
    QR 20
    RC 24
    Bio 23
    GC 24
    OC 22
    TS 23 :D
    AA 23 :D

I am writing to inspire other people not to give up. I took the DAT today and my scores are posted above. I was shocked when I finished the test and saw these scores. I took a Kaplan class and never broke 18 AA or 17 TS on the full length exams. I was expecting to do much worse even though I studied really hard, because the Kaplan practice test scores were so low. Keep your head up everyone! It doesn't matter how poor you think you are doing, the real test is far different than practice tests and in my opinion was much easier. You can do it! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Wowwww. 20+ in every section! Congrats :)

4. rmm30

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    way to go guy/gal! That's what's up, 20+s across the board. Breakdown comin?

5. skim1988

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    great scores!

for PAT section, were the keyhole problems in the DAT harder or easier than kaplan's?

6. zgoettsc

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The real PAT was 10 times harder than Kaplan practice tests. The angles were especially hard. Overall, the other sections were easier. The RC was very reasonable. The passages were easy to understand and the questions were pretty straightforward.

7. FROGGBUSTER

2+ Year Member

I've been doing the online Kaplan tests and have found TFE and Keyholes to be tougher than I had expected. They're tougher than the stuff in the 2009 ADA sample test.

So about TFE and keyholes specifically, you found both these sections harder on the real DAT vs. Kaplan?

8. zgoettsc

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would say that the TFE questions are about the same as Kaplan. The keyholes were a mixed bag. Some of them were really hard, while others were definitely easier. I saw alot of them that almost made me laugh because they looked so close to eachother. In that case, find the minute differences between them and compare to the picture. Pick an answer and move on.

9. dantemac

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    20+ in every section and a 23 AA...great job! This will help your application immensely!