DAT Breakdown TS 26/ AA 23/ PAT 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrNoCavity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
s

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I finally finished my DAT a few days ago and it feels so good to be done! Destroyer, DAT genius, Bootcamp were undoubtedly my best resources!

BIO (26): So many random/broad questions but only about 5 of them were thought provoking/conceptual. I went through Destroyer 2x and made flashcards of everything I missed.

CHEMISTRY (24): I had 2 extremely vague questions where I was sure more than one answer choice was correct. General Chemistry Destroyer was an excellent review for this section!

Organic Chemistry (27): I overall it was straightforward. I went through Ochem Odyssey once. I thought it was a bit of an overkill but nonetheless GREAT practice!

PAT (19): I had about 3-4 rock questions. TFE was much harder than both bootcamp and genius. Everything else was about the same level of difficulty.

RC (19): I didn't study much for this section.

QR (17): I wish I studied more for this section. I had about 15 word problems. Genius was most similar to the actual test.

I have a below average gpa of ~3.0 so I am wondering if I even have a chance of getting in(CA resident)?

Wow!! Congratulations! You definitely Destroyed the DAT! Amazing scores from a student with a 3.0 GPA, it proves that hard work and good study habits paid off. You high DAT scores will help you but not all schools will welcome you with your GPA, you need to search out the schools that will and apply there.

Wishing you the best and thanks for sharing your DAT experience..

Nancy

Awesome scores! Do you mind posting your practice exam scores for bootcamp and DAT Genius? I have my test on tuesday and I am using both for study material

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! My genius scores were:

BIO: 22/21/21/24/22
CHEM: 21/22/20/21/23
OCHEM: 22/23/23/22/20

For the bio section, I pretty much valued the solution more than the question. I made flashcards for EVERY term I didn't know (probably over a 1000). If I got a question wrong on a concept I didn't fully understand (ex: photosynthesis) I would take out my Campbell's Biology and read the specific section on the topic.

Is it too late in the cycle to apply? I want to apply to USC, Western, and Loma Linda. Do I have a chance at these schools with a 3.0 gpa?

Thank you! My genius scores were:

BIO: 22/21/21/24/22
CHEM: 21/22/20/21/23
OCHEM: 22/23/23/22/20

For the bio section, I pretty much valued the solution more than the question. I made flashcards for EVERY term I didn't know (probably over a 1000). If I got a question wrong on a concept I didn't fully understand (ex: photosynthesis) I would take out my Campbell's Biology and read the specific section on the topic.

Is it too late in the cycle to apply? I want to apply to USC, Western, and Loma Linda. Do I have a chance at these schools with a 3.0 gpa?
It is not to late to apply, make sure you have a VERY strong personal statement, that can be what opens the door for an interview. Your GPA is low so if you leave near any schools on your list I would go in person and hopefully get to speak to someone. At the very least call the school and give them your stats and see what they recommend.

Congrats again!

Nancy