DAT breakdown TS24/AA25/PAT22 (09/20)

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by bc1002, 09.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. bc1002

bc1002 Dr. Dedede DMD PhD 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi, I am so happy that I am finally done with DAT.

Biology (22) - I should have spend more time on this section but I didn't. I thought it should be easy for me since I have had PhD degree in biology related major. Unfortunately, I struggled with it... There are so many topics that they could ask you about. On the test, I had questions about embryology, ecology, photosynthesis, PCR, microscope... I actually felt well during the test and thought there were only couple questions I was not familiar with, but definitely I was wrong...

General Chemistry (28) - I spent a lot of time on both chemistry sections since I haven't used chemistry for more than 5 years. Personally I think Chad's video and quizzes, together with destroyer, is enough. That is all I used for this section.

Organic Chemistry (25) - I am very happy with the score because I learnt it almost by myself. I read the textbook, watched Chad's video and worked on problems from destroyer. The really test is much easier than destroyer.

Quantitative Reasoning (27) - math has always been my strong section. I practiced with math destroyer the last week before test. Luckily, I had only one question about unit conversion.

Reading Comprehensive (22) - I am also very happy about this score since English is not my native language and I am a slow reader. I did practice questions on bootcamp and Crack DAT. Bootcamp is definitely closer to the real test. When I just started practicing, I couldn't even finish on time... So I started to do one practice section everyday during about 10 days before test and it helped a lot. I am able to finish all questions on time. I used the method I think it is called "search and destroy".

Perceptual Ability (22) - I used both bootcamp and crack DAT for this section. I think crack DAT is too easy and bootcamp is a little bit harder than the really test. I would recommend bootcamp.

The day before my test, I just read through questions that I marked on destroyer before. Unfortunately, I only had time to practice about 100 questions on biology section from destroyer. I would recommend you finish all questions and get familiar with as many aspects as you can.

Bootcamp is a good practice resource. I bought it a month before test and worked on it during weekends. I don't remember exact scores but I am sure they were all below 20... So don't feel down because of your bootcamp scores, and good luck!

Last edited: 09.20.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. StevenLuSL

StevenLuSL 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Very extraordinary scores man, good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SXCoronado

SXCoronado 2+ Year Member

Last edited: 08.23.15
  5. mkhan27

mkhan27 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Incredible scores :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Congrats!

6. biomolecmed

biomolecmed 2+ Year Member

Very well done. Solid scores.

7. dentalgirl101

dentalgirl101 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Solid scores!

8. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

Outstanding scores. Very well done. Congratulations.

9. ToBeDDSS

ToBeDDSS 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Solid scores!!!! congrats

10. Romano Scientific

Romano Scientific 2+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Congrats! It’s a great pleasure to hear that the DAT Destroyer helped you to achieve such high scores!

11. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

Do you think it will help to make Index cards as you go through Feralis and Destroyer?

12. bc1002

bc1002 Dr. Dedede DMD PhD 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I didn't do that just because I felt there were so many things to right on each card. I marked questions on Destroyer that I had it wrong or didn't know how to answer and then went back to look at couple more times before my test.

13. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

I see. Thank you.

14. discensdentibus

discensdentibus 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Congrats!

15. SyracuseOrange92

SyracuseOrange92 Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Dental
    Nicely done. Congrats

About the ads