DAT cancellation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highfly413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm planning on setting a date to take the DAT at the end of august. if for some reason i feel that i am not perpared to take it, and decide to reschedule it, am i refunded or charged any additional fees? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Once you paid the fees for the DAT you cannot get them back, the only thing you can do is that you can move the DAT test date. However, you need to know the rules. You have to call two business days before to reschedule the DAT. So that means if you are taking the DAT Friday at 12pm, you must call and reschedule by Wednesday by 12pm. However, it gets tricky if you are taking the DAT on Monday at 12pm, you have to call Thursday or Wednesday by 12pm.

If you do not feel ready, DO NOT wait til the last minute. Call them up at least a week early. It is normal to feel anxious, but really evaluate if you have to change the date. Chances are that moving it a few weeks back is not gonna make that much of a differerence, but only prolong your misery.

Wishing you the best,

DesiDentist

Desi is right on the money.

One of the downsides to having the DAT available on computer is that you CAN reschedule the exam. Set a date, study for it, and then take it on that date.

It could be that you might NEVER feel truly prepared for the exam. If you've put in the time then you'll do just fine, don't let yourself become burdened by the fact that you feel unprepared. There is only so much you can do.

Good advice here; I suggest you heed it. I procrastinated studying because in the back of my mind I knew I could always move the date. The weekend before my test date I realized I hadn't study AT ALL. Nothin'. Zip. I had thumbed through the kaplan book a little, but that was it. So I bumped it up about a month. Still, I procrastinated and only got in about a week and a half of studying. Needless to say, I was hopelessly unprepared.

Do yourself a favor and study as if there were only one possible date to take the DAT. You'll spare yourself some mental trauma. :)