DAT Destroyer 2017 VS DAT Destroyer 2019 ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nayelisalvares

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did really bad on my DAT and going to retake it in 3 months. I have the DAT destroyer 2017 and I have been thinking if I should get the newer version. Do you know is there is much difference between them?

I know that the math 2017 version doesn't have the new QR questions, so I may get the new version for math but how about the Bio/Gchem/Ochem.

Even though I had the 2017 Destroyer books didn't used them because I though the questions were too hard. Instead, I used Chad's videos and the DAT Iprep course, which I think was a mistake. Their exams were a lot easier than the actual exam I had. So, If you can give any advice on what materials should I used this time I would appreciate it? what help you the most? I need a huge improvement on my scores otherwise I won't make it to Dental School :(

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I'd keep the 2017 book for Bio/GC/OC and just buy the 2019 Math Destroyer for the QC questions. The Destroyer keeps all its previous questions and adds maybe 100-200 new questions to Bio and ~100 questions to GC/OC. I think you're better off keeping the 2017 one because it has tons of questions already (even though there are people that will tell you otherwise...). In addition to Destroyer, I'd buy Bootcamp because while it is insanely expensive (it's $500 now for 90 days), their solutions are golden and contain lots of info that is useful and helpful for the test. Bootcamp will also have practice for RC and PAT, which the Destroyer does not have. Another up and coming resource is PATBooster, which is about $90 or so for 6 months, and that's been highly rated by people as being really close to the real DAT.

I think with the 2017 Destroyer + 2019 Math Destroyer + Bootcamp + PATBooster, you should be better prepared and be able to really improve your scores!

Here's a list of breakdowns that you can read through to see what materials they used & how they studied. There's also a section at the bottom of the post with retake success stories that might really help you! Compilation - DAT Breakdown Collection! 2017-Present

Here's another list of the materials I mentioned plus their prices/where to buy: Forum Members - DAT Summary, Tips, & Tricks

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
As half owner of the company I think I am best qualified to talk about our materials. I have worked with thousand of students through the years and know what it takes to score high. Our students score the highest in the country by using our most up to date materials. Many students do realize that only a few more questions correct in a section makes a big difference in your scores. As far as I know we are the only company that keeps our work current, many other companies do not. Competition is fierce to get into dental school and high scores make a huge difference on acceptance. Our book is $150 and has been that price since 2006, there is no expiration date and a great value. We also have free video playlist in our youtube group, again no expiration and also free reading, math and more posted in our daily study group.

If I had to cut a corner I would do it somewhere else. We have been the industry leader for years and all of our work was written by Dr. Romano who holds 2 doctorates.
nayelisalvares I would be more than happy to answer your questions in a pm or feel free to post them here. I am sorry you have to repeat the DAT but with some good direction we can make it the last.

Wishing you the best #think30

Nancy

Last edited:
Personally, I'd keep the 2017 book for Bio/GC/OC and just buy the 2019 Math Destroyer for the QC questions. The Destroyer keeps all its previous questions and adds maybe 100-200 new questions to Bio and ~100 questions to GC/OC. I think you're better off keeping the 2017 one because it has tons of questions already (even though there are people that will tell you otherwise...). In addition to Destroyer, I'd buy Bootcamp because while it is insanely expensive (it's $500 now for 90 days), their solutions are golden and contain lots of info that is useful and helpful for the test. Bootcamp will also have practice for RC and PAT, which the Destroyer does not have. Another up and coming resource is PATBooster, which is about $90 or so for 6 months, and that's been highly rated by people as being really close to the real DAT.

I think with the 2017 Destroyer + 2019 Math Destroyer + Bootcamp + PATBooster, you should be better prepared and be able to really improve your scores!

Here's a list of breakdowns that you can read through to see what materials they used & how they studied. There's also a section at the bottom of the post with retake success stories that might really help you! Compilation - DAT Breakdown Collection! 2017-Present

Here's another list of the materials I mentioned plus their prices/where to buy: Forum Members - DAT Summary, Tips, & Tricks

Good luck!
Thank you for the advice. I will look into those retake success stories and hopefully next time I can improve my scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
As half owner of the company I think I am best qualified to talk about our materials. I have worked with thousand of students through the years and know what it takes to score high. Our students score the highest in the country by using our most up to date materials. Many students do realize that only a few more questions correct in a section makes a big difference in your scores. As far as I know we are the only company that keeps our work current, many other companies do not. Competition is fierce to get into dental school and high scores make a huge difference on acceptance. Our book is $150 and has been that price since 2006, there is no expiration date and a great value. We also have free video playlist in our youtube group, again no expiration and also free reading, math and more posted in our daily study group.

If I had to cut a corner I would do it somewhere else. We have been the industry leader for years and all of our work was written by Dr. Romano who holds 2 doctorates.
nayelisalvares I would be more than happy to answer your questions in a pm or feel free to post them here. I am sorry you have to repeat the DAT but with some good direction we can make it the last.

Wishing you the best #think30

Nancy
Thank you Nancy :)

Always get the latest version. Do not get cheap when it comes to your future.