This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjamm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am currently going over DAT Destroyer, and I would like to know how you guys study for it. I go over about 2o bio questions a day, take notes and watch extra videos for question I find confusing to really understand the topic, so far it has been working out well for me. However, it can be really time consuming!

I haven't started Gen Chem yet, I don't have a strategy on how to study for that section, help!

Its not my first time being exposed to these subjects, I'm a bio major. My only problem is trying to figure out how to study more efficiently to achieve a high score on the real deal :soexcited:

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

make sure you study chads videos before starting the chem section. gen chem destroyer was definitely hard the first time. i did that section about 3 times. so definitely plan on doing it more than once. practice makes perfect. go over your mistakes and identity what topics youre weak on and strengthen those

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @wezleesun. Definitely use Chads videos, and make sure you understand the concepts instead of memorizing - especially because you need to be able to apply what you know into other problems. Once you have understood all of the concepts, all you need to do is practice and the gen chem destroyer is good for that.

Understanding concepts in biology is also key, but I think that memorization and knowing definitions will help you more in this section. Breadth over depth. You will probably find a handful of definitions or concepts that you have never seen before in the bio destroyer. I recommend studying those topics/writing them down/looking up their definitions etc, and just using it to add to what you already know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@bjamm, have you done any content review yet, or are you relying entirely on your existing bio major knowledge?

I've gone through Cliff's AP and did the questions at the end of each chapter, it wasn't challenging imo. I'm also going over Feralis notes, i'm about halfway in.

make sure you study chads videos before starting the chem section. gen chem destroyer was definitely hard the first time. i did that section about 3 times. so definitely plan on doing it more than once. practice makes perfect. go over your mistakes and identity what topics youre weak on and strengthen those

Would Chads vids and DAT destroyer be enough for the GC section?

I agree with @wezleesun. Definitely use Chads videos, and make sure you understand the concepts instead of memorizing - especially because you need to be able to apply what you know into other problems. Once you have understood all of the concepts, all you need to do is practice and the gen chem destroyer is good for that.

Understanding concepts in biology is also key, but I think that memorization and knowing definitions will help you more in this section. Breadth over depth. You will probably find a handful of definitions or concepts that you have never seen before in the bio destroyer. I recommend studying those topics/writing them down/looking up their definitions etc, and just using it to add to what you already know.

Thank you :) I agree, I've been seeing a good amount of definitions that i'm not familiar with. I try to not go in depth with every question, but I feel like I'm missing out on crucial information!

Would Chads vids and DAT destroyer be enough for the GC section?

I think Chad's videos would be enough for content review, and DAT Destroyer is really good practice for that section. You should also consider adding a resource for practice tests/questions similar to the style of the real exam when you finish your content review prep.

Idk what it is about dat destroyer but the way the questions are worded confuse me. Like the same question asked in a chads videos way is easier to approach then a similar question asked in a destroyer way. Is this normal? Sometimes I just don’t get what the question is even asking on destroyer...