Schaf77

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I am starting to study for the DAT and I am wondering if i should use the DAT destroyer for organic chemistry? I have taken the MCAT so I have my Kaplan and Princeton review books for organic chem. I also have a 2012 version of the Kaplan Organic chem for the DAT as well as my organic chemistry text book. Should I also use the DAT destroyer for organic chemistry?

Thanks.

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
I think you should use the destroyer for oc gc bio and math. They're golden

Reactions: htorres89

SyracuseOrange92

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Sep 4, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Both the dat destroyer organic chemistry section and organic odyssey are really fantastic.

phillyeagles1

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Sep 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I've completely memorized the roadmaps! Wish I had it in undergrad.

Aug 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
well,Both the dat destroyer organic chemistry section and organic odyssey are really fantastic.

BeyonceFan1226

5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Definitely Destroyer for Orgo/Chem/Bio. I took my DAT on Wednesday and got a 25 in Orgo because I utilized destroyer so much. The first time I took the DAT I received a 17 in Orgo and had only been through the Destroyer once. This time I made a study sheet from Chad's videos and flash cards from his note sheets. The flashcard cards would consist of the starting reactant and the reagent on the front and the back would be the product, what was added, and if it was Markovnikov or anti-Markovnikov.

I did about 30 questions a day the first time I went through destroyer and it took me a little over a week. I added whatever concepts I got wrong to my study sheet with Chad's info. I then went through a second time and again added whatever concepts I missed the first time and also highlighted the problems I got wrong. Finally, I went through it a third time but this time I only did the questions I had got wrong the second time. I feel like going through it twice made a really bid difference.

I started taking Bootcamp and Qvault Orgo practice exams after all this to really see what I knew and what I didn't. I would than just focused in on the topics I wasn't strong in. Hope this helps!