Dat Destroyer of Ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uoppredent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on the ochem portion of DAT destroyer and it seems really tough. How does it compare to the real DAT ochem? i'm kinda worried :/
thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is just to prepare you for the worst and also so you can fully UNDERSTAND o-chem not just know it. The real stuff will be easier, but apparently this is the way to go.

I'm working on the ochem portion of DAT destroyer and it seems really tough. How does it compare to the real DAT ochem? i'm kinda worried :/
thanks! :D

Don't fret to much. I have not heard of ANYONE who has gone through destroyer and not had semilar feelings.

According to the ada.org website

"In most cases, the DAT Academic Average and Total Science score have a stronger relationship with first year performance than predental grade point averages"

So in a nutshell what it says is that the DAT tests on first year knowledge.

Destroyer goes beyond it but only to ensure that you are truly prepared for anything.

Destroyer will over prepare you but thats good and it also gets you on small nuances so you can spot these on the test. Personally I thought my OChem was right on with destroyer. Obviously most were easy but I had a fair share of tough ones and one very tricky one that destroyer practice helped me spot instead of picking the trap.

Dont let it discourage you but dont just say I know it and this is a tough study guide. It can only help later

Members don't see this ad :)
Destroyer will over prepare you but thats good and it also gets you on small nuances so you can spot these on the test. Personally I thought my OChem was right on with destroyer. Obviously most were easy but I had a fair share of tough ones and one very tricky one that destroyer practice helped me spot instead of picking the trap.

Dont let it discourage you but dont just say I know it and this is a tough study guide. It can only help later

I agree completely.

I just received my Destroyer, and wow! Doing well on Gchem except for some math difficulties, but that is just practice and learning rules I hope! As for Ochem roadmaps, what is the best way to learn the paths? Did anyone re-write them out on paper to make quick study guides(flashcard?) or just learn from the destroyer pages? It's a lot of pathways...ouch! Spend a few days memorizing maybe?

Im going through destroyer orgo now as we speak- ive gone over it many times already but now im realizing that i really have picked up on so many things and i am actually getting the answers- not based on memory- Il ove destroyer! Its so frequing awesome!!!!!!!!! I love it and love it and love it !!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my Destroyer, and wow! Doing well on Gchem except for some math difficulties, but that is just practice and learning rules I hope! As for Ochem roadmaps, what is the best way to learn the paths? Did anyone re-write them out on paper to make quick study guides(flashcard?) or just learn from the destroyer pages? It's a lot of pathways...ouch! Spend a few days memorizing maybe?

I have thought the same thing. I wondered if making flashcards would be best since I doubt there will be complex (like three, four reagents) questions on the test.

Looking at the road maps I can follow them but know that making flashcards will keep them fresh in my head an make them easier to recall later.

Anyone?