DAT Destroyer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZPederson11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what the DAT Destroyer includes? Im 5 weeks away from taking the DAT and I'm looking to buy something that will challenge and really prepare me for this test. How many practice tests does it include?

Members don't see this ad.

Not practice test but biology questions, chem questions, orgo questions and math questions. Often these questions are pulled directly from actual dat exams. It also includes detailed explanations in the back of the book. Also there are things called road maps for orgo

It has 300 ochem, 300 chem and about 500 bio questions. They are very challenging and great exposure for many topics, But I would say tht you use the destroyer after reviewing all the material first.

I have the 2013 version and it has 271 orgo problems, 297 gen chem problems, 486 biology problems, 153 QR problems. All of these problems have solutions right after each section. Also in the solutions for organic chem they have something called "roadmaps" which shows you a bunch of mechanism that are important.
So it doesn't have "practice tests" but instead has practice problems with solutions.
A lot of people also buy the math destroyer which has 14 QR tests. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What about bootcamp. I need to decide between these two products. Ive also heard that bootcamp is an excellent comparison to the DAT

I havent bought bootcamp yet, but I heard it's 5 practice exams and then you can practice questions from 1 section randomly. I don't know much about bootcamp (sorry). But I did read that a lot of people think it's very similar to the real test. I really think you'd benefit from both, so I'd suggest buying both if you can afford it. Destroyer is very challenging (it has me in tears every other day), but everyone says it's worth it! LOL

I havent bought bootcamp yet, but I heard it's 5 practice exams and then you can practice questions from 1 section randomly. I don't know much about bootcamp (sorry). But I did read that a lot of people think it's very similar to the real test. I really think you'd benefit from both, so I'd suggest buying both if you can afford it. Destroyer is very challenging (it has me in tears every other day), but everyone says it's worth it! LOL

yeah everyone says if you put the time in that its worth it. But I've also heard it has a lot of stuff on there that people never see on the DAT since it is so difficult. Is that something you have noticed or does it benefit you since you are forced to learn everything?

I feel like some of the questions are really hard because they make you use multiple concepts...but it kind of gets you to learn all the concepts. So far I'm just going through 30-40 problems at a time and then I will review all of it. Some questions are also easy (and a lot of the times I miss these, but when I see the answer I realize my mistakes and learn from it) so all in all I think it is beneficial.

Those are 2 different resources. Bootcamp has timed exams. Destroyer is a book, where it has practise questions and answers explaining them. People were able to learn quite a lot from this book.