DAT Destroyer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shermanmurman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello you guys. I am a new member. My question is:
I am registered to take a Kaplan course next month and the kaplan books are included. Would anyone of you suggest getting the DAT Destroyer even if I already am going to get the kaplan books? I don't want to spend the money if it is the same, but if the destroyer offers more insight then I am willing to spend the extra dough. Also- if I am taking the DAT in the beginning of August, how soon should I start my review and buy the destroyer? Thanks eveyone and good luck!!!! :laugh: :luck: :D

Members don't see this ad.

I highly recommend Destroyer. IMO, I would use it for the sciences right after I finish reading and understanding everything in Kaplan. Look at all the posts and you'll easily see that Destroyer has been a great asset to the peeps here on SDN.

I also recommend Achiever and Topscore.

Any search for these keywords will show you that these three study aids will help you score well. Good luck.

Just so you know, Destroyer is BA and Orgoman is a BAMF!

You could (should) also add Schaums General, Organic and Biological Chemistry, as well as their AP Biology book.

Absorb as much of the Kaplan as you can before you hit the other stuff so you have a firm base. The others materials are harder IMO.

Good Luck!

Go ahead and buy the Kaplan book and review throughly until you understand them all.

However, Kaplan is too basic. It does not cover all the topics and does not emphasize the important questions.

I highly recommend the Destroyer so you would learn the important questions you should definitely know in science section. Also, Dr. Romano will help you with any questios when you call him.

I also would recommend you getting Topscore & Acheiver for practice tests.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my Destroyer today and it's kicking my butt....how does one get in touch with Dr. Romano? I have his email, but no phone #...Thanks!!
Scott

I would first send Nancy (Dr. Romano's secretary) an e-mail saying that you want to speak to Dr. Romano or you have a question about something and maybe the best time to call you. When she responds you back thier phone number is usually at the end of the e-mail.
I have their number but I don't want to post it here just in case other people might bother them or something :)

Nancy is really good at responding back to you. One time she responded back in less than 5 min. :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the help....got the number. At the rate I'm going when I call them they'll never get off the phone with me! HAHA!
Scott