DAT Destroyer Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raysoflight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Ill be starting DAT destroyer studying soon and was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maximize my use for this book.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, Ill be starting DAT destroyer studying soon and was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maximize my use for this book.
Read all of the solutions and do all of the problems. Make note of the topics you get wrong to research them further. Realize that it is designed to be hard. So, do not worry if get many questions wrong. Learn from your mistakes. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Everyday, do your problems and mark the ones you got wrong/were iffy about. For each marked question, read the explanation and jot down a note for why the correct answer is correct/why other answers were wrong. Then I'd recommend making bio notecards for every wrong bio answer/term you're unfamiliar with. After you finish, schedule about 4 days to go through GC/OC and redo problems you got wrong. Don't worry about doing the bio questions because you should be making/reviewing notecards everyday for what you missed! Then, do it all again! I thought I had a good grasp on my material until my first day of destroyer where I got under a 50% in all my sciences! It was frustrating but you learn a lot more from mistakes than you do successes. Plus, this makes it feel so much better when you're getting more answers correct towards the end of the book. Don't worry about your score! The only numbers that matter are the DAT!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Everyday, do your problems and mark the ones you got wrong/were iffy about. For each marked question, read the explanation and jot down a note for why the correct answer is correct/why other answers were wrong. Then I'd recommend making bio notecards for every wrong bio answer/term you're unfamiliar with. After you finish, schedule about 4 days to go through GC/OC and redo problems you got wrong. Don't worry about doing the bio questions because you should be making/reviewing notecards everyday for what you missed! Then, do it all again! I thought I had a good grasp on my material until my first day of destroyer where I got under a 50% in all my sciences! It was frustrating but you learn a lot more from mistakes than you do successes. Plus, this makes it feel so much better when you're getting more answers correct towards the end of the book. Don't worry about your score! The only numbers that matter are the DAT!

I have a question
when you studied destroyer, did you solve for example 10 questions bio, then looked at the solutions, or did you solve a question and looked at the solution right away.
and how many bio, genchem, and ochem did you do each each day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Op. I would advice you to keep track of your answers, by creating an excel sheet.

I have a question
when you studied destroyer, did you solve for example 10 questions bio, then looked at the solutions, or did you solve a question and looked at the solution right away.
and how many bio, genchem, and ochem did you do each each day?

I'd usually do like two pages of questions and then I'll go look at the answers.. so about 10 or so questions each time! And I'd try to do 30-40 each day from each section, but now I do about 75 because it's my 2nd run through