DAT Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liza2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I'm not sure when to take the DAT. I am a junior right now and I need to take a kaplan/pr course. This means that I can wither take it int he spring semester or during the summer. During spring though, I will be in classes and I'm not sure if I will have sufficient time to study. However, if I take the summer courses, I will take the DAT in the fall of 2001. Is that too late? I heard that your chances are better if you apply early.
Thank so much!

Members don't see this ad.

You can take the computer version of the DAT anytime you want. I know a person who studied for the test during the summer between their junior and senior year. They took the test in late August(they got immediate results) and then sent off their whole application package to ADEA. They got interviews and have been accepted at three schools. Never the less, all else being equal, earlier is likely better. It appears that many schools process applicants and extend interviews on a first come first serve basis.