• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Dat done :) 05/04

roxana

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2008
California,San Jose
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hi I took my DAT today these are my scores

PA:19
    QR:16:(
    RC:21
    Bio:20
    GC:30
    OC:30
    Total science:25
    Total Avrage:23

let me know what do you think ?
    I have my B.S in computer science from outside the US I'm not sure how it works should I evaluate my degree or does QR(16) affect my chances ????

About the Ads

LTami

10+ Year Member
    Oct 24, 2008
    1. Pre-Dental
      I took DAT today too.
      My scores:
      PAT-25
      Bio-21
      GChem-22
      ochem-26
      RC-19
      QR-19

to roxana: My sister (she is going to dental school this fall) said my scores are good overall. She also took a look at your scores. She said dont worry about the 16 on QR. Plus, you are doing extremely well on gchem and ochem. She said you would be fine.

For me, when I was doing QR, I thought they are easy. I know how to do every single one of them and I was doing very fast and able to finish them all within time allowed. But I was shocked to find out a 19 on it. For all the practice tests that I have done, I always get above 21. So I was unhappy about it.

to Shingo123 & purplepanda: for the one I took, gchem does not have a lot of cal. also, most of the cal. is easy.
      ie. find M of 20 mole of O in 100 liter. the answer choices will give, A. 20/100, B.100/20. you dont need to do the division or anything.

purplepanda

Apr 27, 2009
        I took DAT today too.
        My scores:
        PAT-25
        Bio-21
        GChem-22
        ochem-26
        RC-19
        QR-19

to roxana: My sister (she is going to dental school this fall) said my scores are good overall. She also took a look at your scores. She said dont worry about the 16 on QR. Plus, you are doing extremely well on gchem and ochem. She said you would be fine.

For me, when I was doing QR, I thought they are easy. I know how to do every single one of them and I was doing very fast and able to finish them all within time allowed. But I was shocked to find out a 19 on it. For all the practice tests that I have done, I always get above 21. So I was unhappy about it.

to Shingo123 & purplepanda: for the one I took, gchem does not have a lot of cal. also, most of the cal. is easy.
        ie. find M of 20 mole of O in 100 liter. the answer choices will give, A. 20/100, B.100/20. you dont need to do the division or anything.

I would be happy with your scores. I think you should take a break and enjoy your scores :)

roxana

10+ Year Member
        Nov 3, 2008
        California,San Jose
        1. Pre-Dental
          HI Guys and thank you,

In my opinion the overall test was much easier than that I expected definitely easier than Topscore especially the RC! English is my second language and I was so scared but it was easy.
          For Gchem I studied the text book McMurffy I think! I also found Cliff chemistry very helpful. there were not so much calculations very basic and easy and for most of them you didn’t have to actually calculate things like dividing or multiplying for example you would have something like this (10)(5)/(267) so you don’t have to multiply 5 by 10 and divide it by whatever…..
          I found some of the Ochem questions very hard like I hadn’t seen any thing like them before Crazy IR questions.... but it was straightforward
          Just relax and try to manage your time THAT'S all!!!!
          for the last 45 min I was so exhausted I couldn’t even read the questions properly and most of the questions were 3-line word problems ,so be prepared for that
          Good Luck to every One :)
          :thumbup:

purplepanda

Apr 27, 2009
            HI Guys and thank you,

In my opinion the overall test was much easier than that I expected definitely easier than Topscore especially the RC! English is my second language and I was so scared but it was easy.
            For Gchem I studied the text book McMurffy I think! I also found Cliff chemistry very helpful. there were not so much calculations very basic and easy and for most of them you didn’t have to actually calculate things like dividing or multiplying for example you would have something like this (10)(5)/(267) so you don’t have to multiply 5 by 10 and divide it by whatever…..
            I found some of the Ochem questions very hard like I hadn’t seen any thing like them before Crazy IR questions.... but it was straightforward
            Just relax and try to manage your time THAT'S all!!!!
            for the last 45 min I was so exhausted I couldn’t even read the questions properly and most of the questions were 3-line word problems ,so be prepared for that
            Good Luck to every One :)
            :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your advice. How long did you study? I have research twice a week and other than that I have two months and I'm just looking for tips on breaking up my time?

About the Ads

semaJ610

10+ Year Member
            Nov 23, 2007
            1. Pre-Dental
              Hi Roxana congrats on ur excellent score. I am goin to be taking my exam in two weeks and its goin to be my second time. I am really scared for this exam. How did you study for the last two weeks and it would be nice if you can tell me about what to focus on because I might actually get to take the same exam as you. Anything will help. Thanks again you can relax and wait till you get into a dental school. Wish me luck.

yqjcyxx

10+ Year Member
              Oct 31, 2008
              1. Pre-Dental
                Roxana, very impressive scores. I wouldn't worry too much about QR. I heard that it's the least important and the last thing they look at and they'll prob remember your double 30s more than anything else. For gen chem and orgo, what did you use in terms of practicing problems? I've only been using DAT destroyer and I don't know if that'll suffice since you said they threw some really strange ones out there for orgo.

What method did you use for RC? I hear that soem people scan the passage first and then go through search & destroy but I hear that doesn't work too well if you get a question about what's the tone of the passage or what is the author's main idea, etc.

Anyways, best of luck with your apps! Don't worry too much about QR. I'm sure you'll do brilliant :)

About the Ads

roxana

10+ Year Member
                Nov 3, 2008
                California,San Jose
                1. Pre-Dental
                  Roxana, very impressive scores. I wouldn't worry too much about QR. I heard that it's the least important and the last thing they look at and they'll prob remember your double 30s more than anything else. For gen chem and orgo, what did you use in terms of practicing problems? I've only been using DAT destroyer and I don't know if that'll suffice since you said they threw some really strange ones out there for orgo.

What method did you use for RC? I hear that soem people scan the passage first and then go through search & destroy but I hear that doesn't work too well if you get a question about what's the tone of the passage or what is the author's main idea, etc.

Anyways, best of luck with your apps! Don't worry too much about QR. I'm sure you'll do brilliant :)

HI and thank you :)
                  for the first passage which was 17 paragraphs I read the whole thing but I have to say it was easy each paragraph was like 3 lines and easy but I noticed all the questions were from very last paragraphs so watch for that!
                  I had one questions about tone of the passage but the answer was obvious as I said ENG is my second language and i was scared to death but it is not as bad as ppl say it was much easier than Topscore .
                  For some question even without reading the passage you would know the answer like "which helps in protein synthesize?" And of course the answer is Ribosome
                  It is easy don’t worry don’t stress J

roxana

10+ Year Member
                  Nov 3, 2008
                  California,San Jose
                  1. Pre-Dental
                    Nice scores Roxana! I think d schools prob take ESL considerations, especially with regard to reading comp section. Your scores are a great achievement and you should be proud. Where do you think you'll apply?
                    Sorry I'm late
                    I live in Bay Area so I would go for all California schools but UCLA is my dream school :xf:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.