DAT Done 08/17/2011!!...BOOYAHH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks to every SDN member who helped me through this, will post a break down later on but here are the scores

PAT - 21
RC- 20
QR- 22
Bio- 19:(
gChem-20
oChem-21
TS- 20
AA- 20

I have a 3.61 oGPA and 3.54 sGPA(bit low i noe :()
what do u guys think my chances are

Members don't see this ad.

GREAT SCORES! Solid all around. And your GPA is pretty competitive. :)

Thanks to every SDN member who helped me through this, will post a break down later on but here are the scores

PAT - 21
RC- 20
QR- 22
gChem-20
oChem-21
TS- 20
AA- 20

You're a competitive applicant so you will almost assuredly receive an interview offer at most, if not all, of the schools where you apply. Nothing there screams to not accept you so I'd assume a solid interview would give you a great shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok my breakdown is a little late, but better late than never

I took this test in 2010 and got a 17AA/15PAT

PAT - 21:smuggrin:
RC- 20
QR- 22
gChem-20
oChem-21
TS- 20
AA- 20

Bio
Materials used: KWB, alans notes, DAT destroyer, Datqvault, cliffsAPbio, schaums(a little), predds.net flashcards, various bio websites,2009 ADA exam
All I can say here is keep studyig it over and over again over the span of ur study schedule. Use cliff notes fr sure, DO NOT use KWB as your only source, ur bound to mess ur bio score up. Make your own notes from CliffsAP bio and KWB and make your own flashcards and study em over and over. The more u revise something the more it will get embedded in your long term memory. DAT Destroyer is a great source which doesnt get enough credit. DO IT. Def will suprise you as to how many similiar questions appear on the DAT from the destoyer.

gChem and oChem
Materials used: Chads Videos:thumbup::thumbup:, KWB, DAT destoyer, various websites of chem, 2009 ADA exam
Chad is great, Amazinn fr the DAT...His concepts are pretty sweet and concise for the DAT. Look through his videos and treat it as if you were in the classroom with him, make your own notes and try to answer his questions when he asks them in the videos. gChem is straight practice after you understand the concepts. oChem you have to keep practicing reactions in order to remember them. DO the destroyer road maps, you may think they dont help that much but trust me, the more you practice the road maps the more ull learn some of the reactions and reagents that correspond to them.
Do the destroyer over and over for the Chem sections, great practice and great help
Best Advise: GET CHADS :D:D

PAT
Materials: CDP, Kapaln PAT, Ross videos, 2009 ADA exam and Ross's free PAT practice test on his website from predds.net

For this is just Pure practice, CDP is the key. I just practiced CDP 5 times a week and went over my mistakes. Ross's free PAT practice exam is a good representitive for how you might do on the actual DAT
Keyholes and a bit harder than CDP, but very doable
TFE was just a point harder than CDP but overall comparable
Angles were easier
Hole punching was way easier than what i expected, folds were very straightforward and I didn't get any half punches or 'punch over a punch'
Cubes were very easy, no illusions like CDP
Pattern Folding has always been my achilles heal, could not figure some out so i just picked the best out of the 4. prolly lost most points here. if you can do CDP then ur golden on the DAT

RC
Prepared the least fr this section. Wasnt expecting the score i got. My passeges were simple. no physics and ****. I would look over a question and then read the passage and if i came across the keyword in the paragraphs that matched the question i would answer the question. Cant really give you guys tips here excpet train yourself to not get bored while reading them. everytime you yawn while reading it wastes time, lol :p.

QR
Materials: MATH Destroyer and Kaplan math

I was least worried about this section since i was good at Math in high school. but Math destroyer is all you need. Do their problems over and over again until you understand their concepts.
V Importanto - Do not spend to much time on one question. if you dont understand it, mark it and move own. its basically a race against time type of test, do what you know and if you have time redo the stuff ur not sure of

Overall Im pretty happy with what I got based on my studyin. If i could do it again i def would change some of my studying habbits and work harder in gchem and bio.

Advise to my fellow DAT takers: You Can do it if you push yourself. Don give up if ppl say you cant do it. Remember is not what you do when your down but what you do when you get back up. Hard work always triumphs.
Pray and ask for his guidance, He always answers. Ask and you shall receive.

Applying to UIC, Midwestern,SIU, NY, tufts, arizona school of dentistry, Meharry.

What do you guys think. Ur feedback is much appreciated.

PAT - 21
RC- 20
QR- 22
gChem-20
oChem-21
TS- 20
AA- 20

...you seriously think your GPA is low? I think I'll go snort some cyanide now.

...you seriously think your GPA is low? I think I'll go snort some cyanide now.

haha....Compared to some of my buddies who applied last yr mines lower than theres....Worked my ass off to get my GPA where it is now...hopefully my DAT's competetive enuff with all the 23's and 24's being hit on the DAT :rolleyes: