• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jul 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It's finally over.... I have my life back, and it feels great! I'll give a short breakdown of how I studied since I looked at probably 50 of these while I was studying.

Background, if it matters: 3.94 science gpa 3.96 overall

Materials: Bootcamp. That is all you need if you have a decent background in the sciences. Shoutout to @Ari Rezaei

Biology: I started out trying to take notes on the 120 page bootcamp bio notes, and quickly realized I was way too lazy to write out 120 pages. I read the notes 3-4 times through. The practice tests were extremely valuable for applying what you read to make sure you legitimately understand it.

Genchem: watch Mikes videos and take very thorough notes, review said notes as often as you can. Do all 10 bootcamp practice tests ( I did 1-5 separately and 6-10 as full-length tests) and learn as much as you can from them. I never scored above a 22 on any practice test and got a 30 on the real thing, which was waaay more simple.

Ochem: rinse and repeat from the genchem strategy.

PAT: Play the PAT game and do generators every day (like actually everyday). I plateaued at 20 on the full lengths and was able to score higher on the DAT. Practice is really the only key to this section.

RC: Use the bootcamp practice tests to figure out your strategy. There are a bunch of them out there so just find the one that works for you.

QR: I'm decent at math but despise it, so I just studied the bootcamp notes for it and learned how to do certain problems from the practice tests.

That's about it, just sell your soul to DAT Bootcamp for 2 months and you should be set. Sorry for any typos I finished my test and hour ago and am watching Jurassic Park/drinking Trulys.
Unofficial score report attached

Attachments

• Scanned Documents.pdf
    369.7 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 1 user
Aug 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
  2. Dental Student
Materials: Bootcamp. That is all you need if you have a decent background in the sciences. Shoutout to @Ari Rezaei

^I support this comment 100%. I looked at other resources and decided they were not concise enough for me. I majored in engineering so I only took the bare minimum bio and chem courses required by my dental school. I worked hard in those courses and felt comfortable with them. DAT Bootcamp provided a great way for me to review all the topics quickly in a structured format. Also gave me plenty of info to dive deep into the topics that I had never covered before.

DAT Bootcamp was the only resource I used and I performed about the same as enilaroc when I took it last spring.

Great job @enilaroc ! Good luck

Golfballer

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.