DAT Done 24AA 25TS 22PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pearl E. White

D3 at LECOM
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I finished my DAT on Monday and I couldn't be happier! Here's a breakdown of my scores:
Bio - 22
G Chem -25
Orgo - 30 :love:
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

Shout out to @FeralisExtremum, @orgoman22 and @Ari Rezaei. Their products helped me so much! Thank you all!

My advice to future test takers is to work as hard as you can. Take the time to learn from your mistakes. There is no substitution or shortcut to a good score. Also, be confident. It's easier said than done, but I wasted a lot of time worrying about the exam. Don't be like me. Work hard and know that your scores will reflect that.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
20170816_173334.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Hey everybody! I finished my DAT on Monday and I couldn't be happier! Here's a breakdown of my scores:
Bio - 22
G Chem -25
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

Shout out to @FeralisExtremum, @orgoman22 and @Ari Rezaei. Their products helped me so much! Thank you all!

My advice to future test takers is to work as hard as you can. Take the time to learn from your mistakes. There is no substitution or shortcut to a good score. Also, be confident. It's easier said than done, but I wasted a lot of time worrying about the exam. Don't be like me. Work hard and know that your scores will reflect that.

View attachment 222642
OMG congrats. Do you mind explaining how the GC section was for you? Like did you have more calculations or theory based questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG congrats. Do you mind explaining how the GC section was for you? Like did you have more calculations or theory based questions?
I had a good mix of both. Be prepared for both. If you truly know the material it shouldn't matter anyway :)

Congrats! How were your bootcamp practice test scores?
They were okay. The most important thing is I learned from my mistakes. Bio ranged from 19-23. GChem ranged from 18-23. OChem ranged from 17-25. QR ranged from 18-22. PAT from 18-21. RC from 19-25.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! Are you applying this cycle? I won't be applying until next cycle. :highfive:
Yep, e-submitted my app yesterday. Just waiting for app verification and official DAT scores to be posted. I'm sure you'll do great next cycle!

Bio - 22
G Chem -25
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

View attachment 222642
DAT Beast Destroyed! Congratulations, great advice Pearl, work as hard as you can, never can tell what the Beast will throw at you. Love the 30 in Orgo.

Wishing you the best, thanks for the shout out!

Nancy and Dr. Romano

DAT Beast Destroyed! Congratulations, great advice Pearl, work as hard as you can, never can tell what the Beast will throw at you. Love the 30 in Orgo.

Wishing you the best, thanks for the shout out!

Nancy and Dr. Romano
:love: You guys are the best! Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores!!!! Which method did you use for RC? And how did you go over your BC tests? (Did you take notes and retake the tests? Or just read their explainations?)

Awesome scores!!!! Which method did you use for RC? And how did you go over your BC tests? (Did you take notes and retake the tests? Or just read their explainations?)
For RC, I did some version of the balanced method. I read the first question, then began reading the passage. If the answer came up before the end of the first half of the passage I would answer it as I came across it. Then, go on to Q2. I continued this until I finished the first half of the passage. Then, I would go through all the questions for that passage answering any that were contained within the first half. Then, I would work my way back through again for the second half of the passage. I hope that wasn't too confusing lol
For BC tests, I read all of the solutions including for the questions I got correct. For the questions I got wrong, I made an entry in a notebook that I called my DAT Bible. I organized the notes by subject. I would read through them daily actively thinking about the solutions.

For RC, I did some version of the balanced method. I read the first question, then began reading the passage. If the answer came up before the end of the first half of the passage I would answer it as I came across it. Then, go on to Q2. I continued this until I finished the first half of the passage. Then, I would go through all the questions for that passage answering any that were contained within the first half. Then, I would work my way back through again for the second half of the passage. I hope that wasn't too confusing lol
For BC tests, I read all of the solutions including for the questions I got correct. For the questions I got wrong, I made an entry in a notebook that I called my DAT Bible. I organized the notes by subject. I would read through them daily actively thinking about the solutions.
I started doing something vary similar for RC and I did see my score increase a little.. I'm still struggling with time though. Did you get faster with practice?? I'm hoping my RC score isn't hopeless :((((

They were okay. The most important thing is I learned from my mistakes. Bio ranged from 19-23. GChem ranged from 18-23. OChem ranged from 17-25. QR ranged from 18-22. PAT from 18-21. RC from 19-25.
This gives me hope, my scores are in a similar range and I'm hoping to score higher haha. Congrats, well done! The grind don't stop (til after the exam)

Reactions: 1 users
I started doing something vary similar for RC and I did see my score increase a little.. I'm still struggling with time though. Did you get faster with practice?? I'm hoping my RC score isn't hopeless :((((
Yes! Keep practicing! You'll get it!

Bio - 22
G Chem -25
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

View attachment 222642
Wow, amazing scores indeed! Congratulations!
How did you study for orgo gc and QR? Did you have to memorize every reaction for orgo?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you. I just finished OChem in spring, im a biochemistry major and G chem amd orgo were some of my favorite classes but still used Chads videos, DAT Destroyer, and DAT Bootcamp. I recommend Math Destroyer as well. Do all the problems and research your weak areas. Yes! Know the products that come from the reagents! Try to make connections between reagents that give similar products!

Bio - 22
G Chem -25
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

View attachment 222642

"I wasted a lot of time worrying about the exam" .... This was definitely me starting two days before the exam. Great scores. Congrats!

Bio - 22
G Chem -25
PAT - 22
RC - 24
QR - 21

View attachment 222642

How do you suggest approaching studying the biology portion of the destroyer? Did you make flashcards for the questions?

How do you suggest approaching studying the biology portion of the destroyer? Did you make flashcards for the questions?
I started with flashcards but was quickly overwhelmed. I ended up starting a notebook writing down the parts that I struggled with. I read it daily to keep the stuff i wasn't great at fresh in my mind. Hope that helps!