DAT done 6/4/13 18 RC 22/21 (96%) ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zww

zw
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores:
PA: 22 (93.4%)
QR: 19 (91.2%) wtf!? I though I got nearly 100% correct (+/- ~3)
RC: 18 (38%) wtf!? how is 38percentile a 18..? I knew I bombed this, guessed on last 10 and ended up leaving 3 blank.
Bio: 21 (92.3%)
GC: 21 (87%)
OC: 25 (95.8%) Also thought I got nearly 100% +/- ~2

TS: 22 (95.6%)
AA: 21 (93.4%)

Sci GPA 3.82
Overall GPA 3.86

How do these scores look? A little worried about RC section... But I didn't practice for RC at all (I thought I would be golden after taking the MCAT last year and studying for the RC section of that, which was much harder (as far as ambiguity of questions) but obviously much different.

Summary of basic materials used (CDP, Chads, Dat Destroyer)

Full breakdown will be provided if interested! Also, I think the most helpful thing for potential test takers is to hear what WE (post-takers) would have done different/are very glad we did, so I will answer questions and explain what I would have done different (or am especially glad I did if interested!)

GTG time to celebrate!!! GL to all you soon to be DAT takers!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks guys! And Swoops; ya I was worried at first about my 18 RC mostly because of the 38 percentile, but after reading around (and your comment) that seems like it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Does anyone know if schools even look at percentiles or if they just look at the scores? I'm still kicking myself in the ***** for not, at the very least, practicing a few RC passages. But I am very excited with my scores!

And to answer your question smilebig01:
I attempted to start studying about 2-3 months ago, but I work full time (2pm-10:30pm) and started off only studying about 1-3 hours a night (I worked out in the mornings, and some nights I was too tired from work and found it hard to focus). However, my last 3 weeks before my test are where I got the majority of my studying done. I stopped working out (except 1-2 per week on the weekends) and I got fortunate enough to be able to watch Chad's videos and listen to MCAT's Audio Osmosis via my iphone for ~4 hours a day while at work (I work in a plasma testing lab and asked to be able to spend three weeks on a certain type of testing we do which allowed me to multi-task and watch Chad's videos and do my testing at the same time). At night after work I would take his quizzes/re-watch his videos if I didn't quite catch something (since I was multi-tasking I missed a good amount of details). Also, my test was on a Tuesday and I took off work for the Thursday, Friday and Monday and crammed those last 5 days. I attribute a lot of my scores to being first exposed to and learning the material for the three weeks before the test, and then spending the final days reviewing over everything to put it all fresh on my mind. In total, I watched all of Chad's Ochem videos 2x, his Chem videos 1x and his math videos 1x (except for a few, like probability, which I watched ~3x).

I went through Destroyer 2x, the second time being the Thursday, Friday and Sat before my test.