DAT done 7/14, need some advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boarder0904

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
mixed emotions while i should be happy that the exam is done.
Thought my score wasn't too bad, but im seeing a lot of members here with better scores. Since my gpa is around 3.0 (maybe lil less maybe lil more, im not sure.) im seriously considering the retake. Especially i was hoping to get 30 in math, and i screwed it. had a lot of extra time like 10 mins when i finished it. I felt confident but the score turned out like that. I would appreciate some honest inputs. Please let me know if i stand any chance.

DAT scores
PAT 28
QR 22
RC 19
Bio 23
GC 24
OC 23
TS 23
AA 22

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NON SENSE .. at least, you are super masochistic and love torturing yourself !
Your scores are highly competitive.
Enjoy your summer !

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, your scores are friggin amazing. Those scores will make up for your GPA and THEN SOME! Congrats and best of luck applying:luck:.

Thanks for the cheer up guys.
Im very surprised with the positive comments.
Like i said, im more worried b/c of sub 3.0 gpa.
My first two years in university have been total disaster.
Ive done everything i could except going to the class.
being an undergrad student for 6 years to make up the low gpa didn't quite workout although my last 60 credits are close to 4.0.

As to the UTHSCSA formula, im not quite familiar with what it is.
I should go ahead and do some searching thru SDN.

Thanks again for the cheer up everyone

That last tidbit of info you just posted is very key. A lot of people mess up their first and often second years of undergrad. With an upward GPA trend (your last 60 credits hanging around 4.0) and a beyond solid DAT score, I believe you will have a great chance of getting interviews with good ECs. In your PS, maybe address any difficulties that made you struggle early on and how you overcame them.
:thumbup:

Thanks for the cheer up guys.
Im very surprised with the positive comments.
Like i said, im more worried b/c of sub 3.0 gpa.
My first two years in university have been total disaster.
Ive done everything i could except going to the class.
being an undergrad student for 6 years to make up the low gpa didn't quite workout although my last 60 credits are close to 4.0.

As to the UTHSCSA formula, im not quite familiar with what it is.
I should go ahead and do some searching thru SDN.

Thanks again for the cheer up everyone

Follow the link I posted earlier and scroll down to the middle of the rankings box. It factors in GPA and your AA and spits out a number that you can cross check with the list of schools.

I really hate when people post stupid threads like this:thumbdown:

believe it or not, im very surprised with the positive responses here.
I was expecting more like "ahh your DAT score's alright but not good enuff since your gpa's so low..prepare for the next exam!" kind of responses.
Think about it. My gpa will be one of the lowest among the applicants and logically, i had to think I needed the top dat scores.
But yeah..Thanks even if you swear at me in front of my face, i won't be mad.. im much more relieved=)

believe it or not, im very surprised with the positive responses here.
I was expecting more like "ahh your DAT score's alright but not good enuff since your gpa's so low..prepare for the next exam!" kind of responses.
Think about it. My gpa will be one of the lowest among the applicants and logically, i had to think I needed the top dat scores.
But yeah..Thanks even if you swear at me in front of my face, i won't be mad.. im much more relieved=)

I wasnt trying to be rude, but i will tell you that your GPA is only a fraction of your application and with scores like that and Good E.C.s and maybe some research your fine trust me. I just see alot of post with people with amazing scores and saying stupid stuff, it really puts down people who didnt even do as good as "you" even though they are content with their scores. Although i totally understand you are worried about your GPA you shouldnt be posting a thread reguarding a retake because a 22AA 23TS and 28PAT wasnt good enough. Many people would kill for those scores reguardless of their GPA. Polish up your app send it in and you will definitely recieve interviews.