Dat done! 7/27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunvalley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the dat today and I'm sooo glad it's over! Now, I can go out and work on my supplementals, not be stuck in my room everyday for hours and hours :love:. Overall, I'm very happy with my score. I studied for about a month and half hardcore. Studying hard definitely paid off! :)

pat 21 - 92.2%
QR 19 - 84.9%
RC 18 - 44 %
bio 21 - 91.7%
chem 27 - 99%
Ochem 26 - 98.1%
TS 24 - 99.3%
AA 22 - 96.4 %

Studying material: kaplan bb, kaplan subject test, destroyer, princeton, topscore, achiever

studying pattern: kaplan bb (made my own notes. I went through 6 notebooks studying for this dat)→ kaplan subject tests → destroyer → princeton → my notes → kaplan subject tests → destroyer → princeton → topscore → achiever →my notes → kaplan subject tests → destroyer → princeton → topscore → achiever → I circled questions that are important and the ones I didn't get and went through them few times.

PAT: I bought the CDP with 10 tests and did one test almost everyday for the past month. I went through it twice and it definitely helped me improve my score. Cube counting was easier on the real dat but the folding was harder. Other sections were similar.

Biology: This section was very random. I memorized alot of details but I don't think there were too many detail questions on the real dat. I bought schaum's bio but I ended up not using it because it was too detailed and it would take me forever to read it. I just focused on other materials I had and I made sure than I knew them thoroughly.

GChem: I had to reteach myself everything for this section! I couldn't believe i got 27 because it was my weakest section in the beginning. I would say it's alot easier than achiever and slightly easier than topscore. When I took the achiever test about two weeks ago, I averaged about 17~18 lol. Destroyer was very helpful because it helped me understand concepts. Kaplan subj tests were also helpful. Regarding calculation problems, the numbers were easy to work with and I didn't have to solve it all the way. For example the answer was written (3)(6), not 18.

Ochem: Destroyer is a must!!!! Alot of the questions were reactions. I memorized all of the reactions on kaplan and destroyer.

QR: There are alot of word problems. I went through destroyer math twice and did topscore and achiever.

RC: 18 is not the best but I'm okay with it.

During the last few days, I didn't study too hard and tried to stay calm.
I have so much to say but don't know what to write. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer :) My cum gpa is 3.5 and scigpa is 3.3 with a B.S. in molecular and cellular biology. I have a good extracurricular activities but no research. Please, give me some comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you had to start over, what areas would you have concentrated on more in bio?

also, how similar are Destroyer Chem/Ochem? Was every problem on the actual DAT mentioned in Destroyer? I have a good understanding of Gchem and Ochem now, but If I were to drop my other books and just concentrate on Destroyer, would i do well?

I'm in full on panic mode right now haha

Thanks ahead of time!!

If you had to start over, what areas would you have concentrated on more in bio?

also, how similar are Destroyer Chem/Ochem? Was every problem on the actual DAT mentioned in Destroyer? I have a good understanding of Gchem and Ochem now, but If I were to drop my other books and just concentrate on Destroyer, would i do well?

I'm in full on panic mode right now haha

Thanks ahead of time!!

No, not everything is mentioned in destroyer. if it was, everyone who studies destroyer would get a 30! lol If I had more time, I would read cliffs ap bio since everyone says that it's very helpful. but if you don't have much time to study, I would focus on other materials you have and know them very thoroughly. I don't think it's possible to be 100% prepared for this section because the topcis are very broad and you gotta know the details :(

And regarding genchem and ochem, destroyer is alot harder than the actual test! the actual test is very straight forward and no tricky questions. if you have resources other than destroyer, I would definitely study them too! Extra practice is always better :)

I was freaking out 3 days before the exam too!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha but I think it's natural... I calmed myself down and was able to relax. It was very good that I didn't study too hard the last two days because intense studying would have left me feel unprepared and freaked me out even more! anyways, just try to relax. maybe you can go exercise or have a chat with a friend. panicking is no good :p