Dat done 7/28/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emaxcad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've always just read the forums but I told myself if I did ok on the test that I would post and let you know what helped me out. Thanks to all of you for the help! I just walked in knowing I studied hard and that I was going to do great! Positive thinking is key. I walked out feeling like I did my best, and that's all you can really ask of yourself.

I'll do a thorough breakdown tomorrow.

BIO 22
OC 21
GC 21
RC 22
QR 21
TS 21
AA 21
PAT 23

I am an georgia resident. I am 24 years old. I have a 3.75 BCP, 3.76 sGPA, 3.8 oGPA. I submitted two days ago.(I hope its not too late.) I applied to upenn, pacific, unlv, marquette, boston, nyu, temple, tufts, nova and mcg.

Mini Breakdown:
Bio- Not bad at all. I had seen everything at least once so I was comfortable. I thought I had a 30 but I suppose its not too bad. Cliffs AP was great. Kaplan wasn't enough.
GC- Basic calculation setups, simple concepts. One or two hard concepts. Destroyer was fine here. Nothing I hadn't seen.
OC- A few rxns, nothing too crazy. Had 1 IR and 1 HNMR. Both were easy if you memorized the basic kaplan charts. I thought destroyer was a little much here.
PAT- I just did Kaplan. I don't know I was scoring about the same on Kaplans tests.
RC- This was a lot easier than I had imagined. Just did search and destroy. I finished with about 6 minutes so I just took a mental break and cleaned my laminated paper.
QR- I know people freak out about this but I really didn't think the questions were hard, you just had to calculate fast. I did the math in the back of destroyer, kaplan tests, and CDM. I felt CDM best prepared me. The solutions suck but the question caliber was spot on and the timing must have helped me. I actually finished with 42 seconds left and I was excited.

I studied for about 1.5 months. I thought topscore was pretty spot on (I'll get my practice scores when I get off my laptop tomorrow). I would appreciate any feedback and/or school suggestions as in if I should just not pay the secondary fee because I have no shot. PM and I'll answer from my phone if I'm coherent tonight :smuggrin:! Thanks guys and study hard!!!

Members don't see this ad.

ahh i hate you! exactly what im shooting for..!

good job.. now go take a break.. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
you have a great shot with all of those schools (penn i think would be the hardest to get into) those are great/consistent scores + your gpa is awesome. good luck with the rest of your app!

Great scores man!

I have one QR question, how were you scoring on CDM? I have done 25 of their test and seem to be scoring around 22, didn't know how your scores compared?

Basic Kaplan charts for IR and NMR??? I get IR, but NMR gets confusing. Any words of advice or ideas for me to better understand how to do NMR questions???

emaxcad-

where did you take the exam?! if you took it at GSU, could you comment the test center's environment (provide earplug?, how many scratch papers given?, etc.)

You seem to have stolen my scores. You'd better give them back before my test date ;)

Really, great job. Very solid scores, with the sort of across-the-board strength you know every school loves to see.