DAT DONE!!! AA 23/ TS 22/ PAT 23 (8/4/14)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SableFire

D4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well guys I have loved all the other breakdowns and they definitely helped me along the way so I thought I would pay it forward by continuing the trend! I started studying on June 12 and watched Chads videos and quizzes first doing a section a day so it took me two weeks to go through the videos and quizzes. During that time I was originally studying about 8 hours a day. Then after the videos were done I spent about 4-6 hours a day reading Feralis' and doing DAT destroyer and occasionally (about once a week) going through a Bootcamp test from each section.

The day before the test I did not study at all I actually moved into my place I'll be living this school year and that kept me busy. That night I went out to eat at a really nice restaurant and went to bed early. When I was doing the tutorial at the beginning of the test I didn't go through it at all I sat for five minutes mentally preparing and then I ended the tutorial and started the test. My advice is to stay calm and keep your mind busy the day before because you aren't going to gain anything by freaking out. I didn't stress at all and the test wasn't as stressful as I thought it'd be! I only had a little freak out once during QR but I picked up my pace on the questions and it all worked out! Its definitely surprising how much faster I ended up finishing the sections compared to the resources I used being crunched for time.
Here are my scores (I'll post the picture tomorrow I do not have it with me right now):
PAT 23
QR 24
RC 23
BIO 20
GC 27 :soexcited:
OC 21 :bang:
TS 22
AA 23 :banana:

Materials used
Chads videos (10/10)
DAT Destroyer (10/10)
Math Destroyer (8/10)
DAT Bootcamp (10/10)
DAT question of the day (10/10)
Feralis' Biology Notes (10/10)
CliffsAP Biology 3rd Edition (9/10)
Crack the DAT PAT (7/10)

(23) PAT: I had originally bought Crack the DAT PAT and tried a couple test but found my weaknesses were angle ranking and cube counting but I hadn't bought the version that had generators because it was ridiculously expensive. After a couple weeks into my studying I started freaking out that I didn't have enough materials for the other DAT sections and ended buying Bootcamp which I found to be a lot more affordable and the content was also better overall. Also one thing I did on the PAT was I knew that I was slow at the first two sections so immediately started at question 31. I also finished with about 5 minutes to spare while on Bootcamp I was always finishing with only 30 seconds left.

Bootcamp PAT comparisons to the real test:
Keyhole: Pretty much the same as DAT with some that were even harder
TFE: Easier on the DAT
Angle: Pretty much the same
Hole punching: Same
Cube counting: Easier
Pattern Folding: Easier

(24) QR: I have always been pretty good at math so I didn't find this section too necessary to invest a lot of time into. I thought that Math Destroyer was nice but I didn't find it necessary. I only ended up doing four of the tests however I did do the DAT Destroyer math sections twice and found that was pretty much all I needed for the preparation. I also used Bootcamp and for the scores I post below I was only finishing approximately 30-32 out of all the questions as I would run out of time. On the DAT I ended up finishing with about 5 minutes left and that gave me time to go over the few I marked.

(23) RC: I used the search and destroy method this was definitely a lot easier than DAT Bootcamp as I only had about 4 or 5 "both statements are true, etc." type questions and one related type question.

(20) BIO: Bio was about 3 years ago for me so it was like learning it all over again. I started with Cliff notes and read that over. Then after that I read Feralis' notes about 5 or 6 times (I tried to read two chapters a day and finish the notes once a week). I would say if you were to do one thing use Feralis' notes they are amazing they had pretty much every question (though there were some super obscure ones). I also did do the DAT destroyer biology once and though it's hard, it definitely helped me a lot! And like everyone else has said, Biology is just so big and random that this is a tough section to master.

(27) GC: What can I say? Chad is the MAN!! Thank you so much Chad! And his quizzes were great I would definitely recommend him. And like everything else, definitely supplement with Bootcamp. I also went through DAT destroyer Gen Chem about 4 times and by the second time I was down to about 5ish wrongs per 30 questions. Also Beers law showed up on my test! Thanks to others for mentioning recently - I wouldn't have gotten that question right without it!

(21) OC: I have to say I'm sad that I didn't do better with this during Destroyer and Bootcamp I was doing really well getting very few wrong. That being said, it happens and I got some very obscure questions that I had never seen before and I knew both Bootcamp and Destroyer front and back so I don't know what happened. Chad was awesome also I had just got out of Orgo 2 so I was pretty fresh in it but I still watched his videos as a refresher for everything. I didn't get any NMR questions which I'm disappointed because I've always been pretty good at those. But I guess you win some and lose some and this was by no means a bad score! Lastly I ended up finishing the science section with about 25 minutes left.

Here are my Bootcamp scores thank you so much Ari you are awesome without you I would not have felt as comfortable going into the test as I did!! And so freaking affordable I'm sad I spent money on Crack the DAT PAT since I didn't even end up using it.

Bio 17/18/17/21/19 Average: 18.4 Actual: 20
GC 18/20/22/20/18 Average: 19.6 Actual: 27
OC 22/19/20/26/23 Average: 22 Actual: 21
PAT 21/21/18/18 Average: 19.5 Actual: 23
RC 20/16/22 Average: 19.3 Actual: 23
QR 20/20/21/20 Average: 20.25 Actual: 24

I know I posted my actual scores a lot but I just always hate having to scroll so I thought I'd save you guys the time!:)
DAT scores.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Nice scores!! How did you feel about the bio section? Were there a bunch of curve balls thrown at you?

Reactions: 1 user
Well guys I have loved all the other breakdowns and they definitely helped me along the way so I thought I would pay it forward by continuing the trend! I started studying on June 12 and watched Chads videos and quizzes first doing a section a day so it took me two weeks to go through the videos and quizzes. During that time I was originally studying about 8 hours a day. Then after the videos were done I spent about 4-6 hours a day reading Feralis' and doing DAT destroyer and occasionally (about once a week) going through a Bootcamp test from each section.

Here are my scores (I'll post the picture tomorrow I do not have it with me right now):
PAT 23
QR 24
RC 23
BIO 20
GC 27 :soexcited:
OC 21 :bang:
TS 22
AA 23 :banana:

Materials used
Chads videos (10/10)
DAT Destroyer (10/10)
Math Destroyer (8/10)
DAT Bootcamp (10/10)
DAT question of the day (10/10)
Feralis' Biology Notes (10/10)
CliffsAP Biology 3rd Edition (9/10)
Crack the DAT PAT (7/10)

(23) PAT: I had originally bought Crack the DAT PAT and tried a couple test but found my weakness' were angle ranking and cube counting but I hadn't bought the version that had generators because it was ridiculously expensive. After a couple weeks into my studying I started freaking out that I didn't have enough materials for the other DAT sections and ended buying Bootcamp which I found to be a lot more affordable and the content was also better overall. Also one thing I did on the PAT was I knew that I was slow at the first two sections so immediately started at question 31. I also finished with about 5 minutes to spare while on Bootcamp I was always finishing with only 30 seconds left.

Bootcamp PAT comparisons to the real test:
Keyhole: Pretty much the same as DAT with some that were even harder
TFE: Easier on the DAT
Angle: Pretty much the same
Hole punching: Same
Cube counting: Easier
Pattern Folding: Easier

(24) QR: I have always been pretty good at math so I didn't find this section too necessary to invest a lot of time into. I thought that Math Destroyer was nice but I didn't find it necessary I only ended up doing four of the tests however I did do the DAT Destroyer math sections twice and found that pretty much all I needed for the preparation. I also used Bootcamp and for the scores I post below I was only finishing approximately 30-32 out of all the questions as I would run out of time. On the DAT I ended up finishing with about 5 minutes left and that gave me time to go over the few I marked.

(23) RC: I used the search and destroy method this was definitely a lot easier than DAT Bootcamp as I only had about 4 or 5 "both statements are true, etc." type questions and one related type question.

(20) BIO: Bio was about 3 years ago for me so it was like learning it all over again for me. I started with Cliff notes and read that over. Then after that I read Feralis' notes about 5 or 6 times (I tried to read two chapters a day and finish the notes once a week). I would say if you were to do one thing use Feralis' notes they are amazing they had pretty much every question (though there were some super obscure ones). I also did do the DAT destroyer biology once and though its hard it definitely helped me a lot! And as with everyone else has said Biology is just so big and random that this is a tough section to master.

(27) GC: What can I say? Chad is the MAN!! Thank you so much Chad! And his quizzes were great I would definitely recommend him. And as with everything else definitely supplement with Bootcamp. I also went through DAT destroyer Gen Chem about 4 times and by the second time I was down to about 5ish wrongs per 30 questions. Also Beers law showed up on my test! Thanks to others for mentioning recently I wouldn't have gotten that question right without it!

(21) OC: I have to say I'm sad that I didn't do better with this during Destroyer and Bootcamp I was doing really well getting very few wrong. That being said it happens and I got some very obscure questions that I had never seen before and I knew both Bootcamp and Destroyer front and back so I don't know what happened. Chad was awesome also I had just got out of Orgo 2 so I was pretty fresh in it but I still watched his videos as a refresher for everything. I didn't get any NMR questions which I'm disappointed because I've always been pretty good at those. But I guess you win some and lose some and this was by no means a bad score!

Here are my Bootcamp scores thank you so much Ari you are awesome without you I would not have felt as comfortable going into the test as I did!! And so freaking affordable I'm sad I spent money on Crack the DAT PAT since I didn't even end up using it.

Bio 17/18/17/21/19 Average: 18.4 Actual: 20
GC 18/20/22/20/18 Average: 19.6 Actual: 27
OC 22/19/20/26/23 Average: 22 Actual: 21
PAT 21/21/18/18 Average: 19.5 Actual: 23
RC 20/16/22 Average: 19.3 Actual: 23
QR 20/20/21/20 Average: 20.25 Actual: 24

I know I posted my actual scores a lot but I just always hate having to scroll so I thought I'd save you guys the time!:)

Nice breakdown...
Well written

Easy to read

Very informative...

Any tips for Bio and QR?

Was there a lot if trig?

Did you get plant questions?

Did you get grignard rxn questions?

Was gen chem with a lot of conceptual questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
On the pat section was it easy for you to go to question 31 or did you skip 31 times? Great job btw!

Also, you said you felt the QR section of the destroyer was useful. Would you say if you master that, a majority of the questions are similar?

Congratulations! :clap:
Are you applying this cycle?
Thank you! I'd love to but my oGPA is a little below average and my sGPA is a tad below average but higher than my oGPA. Also I am going into my Junior year so I will definitely apply next cycle and pull my GPA up! I'm kinda weird and have 115 credits already since I did PSEO in high school but I won't be graduating until my 4th year at my university because I took classes in high school that didn't end up applying to the major I chose! I'd love to apply but since my GPA isn't 3.8+ without a major I wouldn't be very competitive. Good luck to you if you apply though!

Last edited:
On the pat section was it easy for you to go to question 31 or did you skip 31 times? Great job btw!
I had to click the 'next' button 31 times haha so no it wasn't that easy but luckily my computer was fast. But I feel that was the best thing I could do for my PAT in case I ended up running out of time!

I had to click the 'next' button 31 times haha so no it wasn't that easy but luckily my computer was fast. But I feel that was the best thing I could do for my PAT in case I ended up running out of time!

So, we are allowed to forward to a question during the exam?

Could we revert to previous questions, in the same manner?

Could this be done during the natural science section?

Also, you said you felt the QR section of the destroyer was useful. Would you say if you master that, a majority of the questions are similar?
Yep for sure I feel that if you know what going on you will get a majority of the QR questions correct. I knew the DAT destroyer QR questions front and back and that seemed to be adequate. I would definitely recommend Bootcamp also! Just a note on Bootcamp though the questions are a lot more time consuming on Bootcamp I didn't even have time to finish them! I might have rambled a bit but yes do the the DAT Destroyer QR I did it twice and if you are strong in math and if you buy Bootcamp or Math Destroyer you should be good to go! Good luck to you!

So, we are allowed to forward to a question during the exam?

Could we revert to previous questions, in the same manner?

Could this be done during the natural science section?
Yes you could I didn't even answer the first 30 questions I just kept hitting next. Then once I got to the last PAT question I got the screen that had all the questions and then at that point I had access to all the questions at anytime. So if you were to skip to Gen Chem for example you could answer all those and then do Ochem (or quickly skip through it) and then you would have access to the 'Review' tab that you get once you pass the last question. Hope that helps! But you you can't access the 'Review' tab until after you go through the whole test but you don't have to answer every question you just have to get to the end! And yeah you can go back I think you just click the 'Back' button or it might be 'Previous Question' button. There is also a button in the review tab for 'Review Unanswered' and also a 'Review Marked' tab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you could I didn't even answer the first 30 questions I just kept hitting next. Then once I got to the last PAT question I got the screen that had all the questions and then at that point I had access to all the questions at anytime. So if you were to skip to Gen Chem for example you could answer all those and then do Ochem (or quickly skip through it) and then you would have access to the 'Review' tab that you get once you pass the last question. Hope that helps! But you you can't access the 'Review' tab until after you go through the whole test but you don't have to answer every question you just have to get to the end! And yeah you can go back I think you just click the 'Back' button or it might be 'Previous Question' button. There is also a button in the review tab for 'Review Unanswered' and also a 'Review Marked' tab.

Yea I want to skip bio and start gen chem and Orgo first then bio.

And for pat I want to do cube counting first and the folding paper thing before keyhole tfe and angles

Yea I want to skip bio and start gen chem and Orgo first then bio.

And for pat I want to do cube counting first and the folding paper thing before keyhole tfe and angles
It will be lots of clicking but the computer at least for didn't lag at all so it worked great for me and I didn't waste much time!

Congratulations! Perfect scores!

I'm curious about Beer's law.. Can you please tell me what was the question regarding Beer's law? I haven't seen anything about it in DAT destroyer.

Congratulations! :clap:
Are you applying this cycle?
Haha just noticed you were a fellow August 4th-er! Good job on yours also! And I see you have applied good luck! Do you know how long it will take the ADEA to get your DAT scores to send out to your schools?

It is the last question of the Gen Chem destroy. If you know that formula you are golden!! I looked at it the morning of the test and all I needed was a basic understanding of the formula and how to use it!
Great. Thanks!

Are there any other topics that you had on the test and they were not covered by the destroyer or DATBootcamp? Do you recommend reviewing any concepts/ law's that were not heavily covered by the sources you mentioned above?

Amazing break down!!! It was very helpful :)
Congrats on your scores!!!!!!
Also, do you think it would be okay to just not use bootcamp for qr and just stick with math destroyer?

Haha just noticed you were a fellow August 4th-er! Good job on yours also! And I see you have applied good luck! Do you know how long it will take the ADEA to get your DAT scores to send out to your schools?

I'm not sure. Hopefully not too long that I end up in the September batch. I also checked off my schools on the Prometric website so they should be getting two copies. Maybe that one won't take long since it's electronic. I'll let you know :)

@SableFire my test is friday. Im worried most about bio. If you could recommend two topics that I would benefit going over again what would you say? Is there anything you wish you studied more? Im having trouble remembering hormones and the products of cellular respiration/photosynthesis. Thanks for the help!

Ok guys any more questions for SableFire must go through me....

It will be $5 per question or 2 questions for $7.50....

Thank you for your cooperation folks.

Tooth knockn management

Great. Thanks!

Are there any other topics that you had on the test and they were not covered by the destroyer or DATBootcamp? Do you recommend reviewing any concepts/ law's that were not heavily covered by the sources you mentioned above?

Last edited:
Amazing break down!!! It was very helpful :)
Congrats on your scores!!!!!!
Also, do you think it would be okay to just not use bootcamp for qr and just stick with math destroyer?
Yeah that should be just fine! All I know is watch out for the Destroyer tests after 10 I heard they are brutal! And know how to simplify for trig!

Hey guys, I'm sure everyone has good intentions, but asking about test questions is not allowed, and it could get the op in trouble. I for one would be horrified to know my health care provider cheated his way into dental school.

Hey guys, I'm sure everyone has good intentions, but asking about test questions is not allowed, and it could get the op in trouble. I for one would be horrified to know my health care provider cheated his way into dental school.
Yeah I'm trying to be vague haha thanks for saying something it is definitely true!

OMG, shush this is not cheating...

Every test is different.

Tattle-tale

I would say not but I would reccomend taking a look at acid-base chemistry I always struggled with those a bit and they can show up. Those questions are like if you have this and this during equilibrium what would you see more of. I don't have a specific example right now but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about if not I know Bootcamp has a question like that and I have like 2 days left so I can look through that and tell you the test and question number.
If you can look up the test and question# on the DAT Bootcamp, that will be great. I can look it up from my account. Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help.

OMG, shush this is not cheating...

Every test is different.

Tattle-tale

"You cannot disclose (in whole or in part) any test questions or answers to anyone before, during
or after the test, whether orally, in writing, on Internet chat rooms, blogs, or otherwise. The DAT
is a secure test that is protected by U.S. copyright laws. Any unauthorized disclosure of the
test’s contents could result in civil liability, criminal penalties, voiding of test scores or other
appropriate penalty. You are encouraged to report any Internet or other activities that disclose
information about test questions, so that the DAT Program may investigate and take necessary
action. Report such activity to the DAT Program via email ([email protected]) or phone
(800.232.1694)."

Hey knockin, don't take this personally, I'm not trying to get you in trouble. My test is coming up too, and I know with the pressure to do well, its easy to do/say things we don't intend to. You've studied hard for this exam, so just go in and give it your all. There's no need to resort to tactics that bring into question your ethics and morals.

Reactions: 1 users
Well OP is discussing topics on the test and not the specifics of the questions themselves so he's in the clear. Saying things like "I'd recommend looking into final electron acceptors for respiration and stuff like that (OP)" is totally fine or even "There were questions discussing the difference between kingdoms (random topic in my mind)" is fine. Unless OP says "Question 6 on the Biology section asks: What is the final electron acceptor of the electron transport chain? A) answer B) answer C) answer D) answer" then that might be a problem. But yes it's good to be aware that giving out detailed info like that is no good.

"You cannot disclose (in whole or in part) any test questions or answers to anyone before, during
or after the test, whether orally, in writing, on Internet chat rooms, blogs, or otherwise. The DAT
is a secure test that is protected by U.S. copyright laws. Any unauthorized disclosure of the
test’s contents could result in civil liability, criminal penalties, voiding of test scores or other
appropriate penalty. You are encouraged to report any Internet or other activities that disclose
information about test questions, so that the DAT Program may investigate and take necessary
action.

Hey knockin, don't take this personally, I'm not trying to get you in trouble. My test is coming up too, and I know with the pressure to do well, its easy to do/say things we don't intend to. You've studied hard for this exam, so just go in and give it your all. There's no need to resort to tactics that bring into question your ethics and morals.

We all know what will be on the exam.

Anything and everything
From bio to basic math and pat.

Bootcamp CDP are all similar to tests and they make money off that,

Copyrights are word by word,

No one should be stating questions word by word...

But general concepts are general concepts? Is it not...

So if I say I will get a meiosis question on a exam, is that bad?

We all know what will be on the exam.

Anything and everything
From bio to basic math and pat.

Bootcamp CDP are all similar to tests and they make money off that,

Copyrights are word by word,

No one should be stating questions word by word...

But general concepts are general concepts? Is it not...

So if I say I will get a meiosis question on a exam, is that bad?

Look, I am not going to argue with you. We are all old enough to know what is right and what is wrong. You can ask ADA those question yourself if you really want to know the answer. Here is a video online : http://www.ada.org/en/jcnde/examinations/national-board-dental-examination-part-i, feel free to interpret it however way you want, or you can disregard it if you find it has no relationship to the DAT/dental profession.

My intention was just to watch ya'lls back, because I know we all want to do good as well as help out. There's no need to continue this any further.

Last edited:
Great breakdown and thanks for answering all the questions in detail, a lot of my concerns about the test got answered here.

I was wondering if you finished the science section quicker during the real DAT than compared to Bootcamp. I usually end with ~5 mins in each section on bootcamp so I am planning to kill the natural sciences with 15 minutes left to go over marked problems.

Congrats on your amazing score!

Great breakdown and thanks for answering all the questions in detail, a lot of my concerns about the test got answered here.

I was wondering if you finished the science section quicker during the real DAT than compared to Bootcamp. I usually end with ~5 mins in each section on bootcamp so I am planning to kill the natural sciences with 15 minutes left to go over marked problems.

Congrats on your amazing score!
Yeah I finished with over 20 minutes left and usually Orgo I would have 5-10 minutes left Bio about 5 left and Gen Chem just enough time (these were for Bootcamp) So if you are finishing early time should not be a problem! Good luck!

Yeah that should be just fine! All I know is watch out for the Destroyer tests after 10 I heard they are brutal! And know how to simplify for trig!
Alright, thank you soo much!!!!! Really appreciate the tip :)