DAT DONE!!! AA 23/ TS 22/ PAT 23 (8/4/14)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SableFire

D4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well guys I have loved all the other breakdowns and they definitely helped me along the way so I thought I would pay it forward by continuing the trend! I started studying on June 12 and watched Chads videos and quizzes first doing a section a day so it took me two weeks to go through the videos and quizzes. During that time I was originally studying about 8 hours a day. Then after the videos were done I spent about 4-6 hours a day reading Feralis' and doing DAT destroyer and occasionally (about once a week) going through a Bootcamp test from each section.

The day before the test I did not study at all I actually moved into my place I'll be living this school year and that kept me busy. That night I went out to eat at a really nice restaurant and went to bed early. When I was doing the tutorial at the beginning of the test I didn't go through it at all I sat for five minutes mentally preparing and then I ended the tutorial and started the test. My advice is to stay calm and keep your mind busy the day before because you aren't going to gain anything by freaking out. I didn't stress at all and the test wasn't as stressful as I thought it'd be! I only had a little freak out once during QR but I picked up my pace on the questions and it all worked out! Its definitely surprising how much faster I ended up finishing the sections compared to the resources I used being crunched for time.
Here are my scores (I'll post the picture tomorrow I do not have it with me right now):
PAT 23
QR 24
RC 23
BIO 20
GC 27 :soexcited:
OC 21 :bang:
TS 22
AA 23 :banana:

Materials used
Chads videos (10/10)
DAT Destroyer (10/10)
Math Destroyer (8/10)
DAT Bootcamp (10/10)
DAT question of the day (10/10)
Feralis' Biology Notes (10/10)
CliffsAP Biology 3rd Edition (9/10)
Crack the DAT PAT (7/10)

(23) PAT: I had originally bought Crack the DAT PAT and tried a couple test but found my weaknesses were angle ranking and cube counting but I hadn't bought the version that had generators because it was ridiculously expensive. After a couple weeks into my studying I started freaking out that I didn't have enough materials for the other DAT sections and ended buying Bootcamp which I found to be a lot more affordable and the content was also better overall. Also one thing I did on the PAT was I knew that I was slow at the first two sections so immediately started at question 31. I also finished with about 5 minutes to spare while on Bootcamp I was always finishing with only 30 seconds left.

Bootcamp PAT comparisons to the real test:
Keyhole: Pretty much the same as DAT with some that were even harder
TFE: Easier on the DAT
Angle: Pretty much the same
Hole punching: Same
Cube counting: Easier
Pattern Folding: Easier

(24) QR: I have always been pretty good at math so I didn't find this section too necessary to invest a lot of time into. I thought that Math Destroyer was nice but I didn't find it necessary. I only ended up doing four of the tests however I did do the DAT Destroyer math sections twice and found that was pretty much all I needed for the preparation. I also used Bootcamp and for the scores I post below I was only finishing approximately 30-32 out of all the questions as I would run out of time. On the DAT I ended up finishing with about 5 minutes left and that gave me time to go over the few I marked.

(23) RC: I used the search and destroy method this was definitely a lot easier than DAT Bootcamp as I only had about 4 or 5 "both statements are true, etc." type questions and one related type question.

(20) BIO: Bio was about 3 years ago for me so it was like learning it all over again. I started with Cliff notes and read that over. Then after that I read Feralis' notes about 5 or 6 times (I tried to read two chapters a day and finish the notes once a week). I would say if you were to do one thing use Feralis' notes they are amazing they had pretty much every question (though there were some super obscure ones). I also did do the DAT destroyer biology once and though it's hard, it definitely helped me a lot! And like everyone else has said, Biology is just so big and random that this is a tough section to master.

(27) GC: What can I say? Chad is the MAN!! Thank you so much Chad! And his quizzes were great I would definitely recommend him. And like everything else, definitely supplement with Bootcamp. I also went through DAT destroyer Gen Chem about 4 times and by the second time I was down to about 5ish wrongs per 30 questions. Also Beers law showed up on my test! Thanks to others for mentioning recently - I wouldn't have gotten that question right without it!

(21) OC: I have to say I'm sad that I didn't do better with this during Destroyer and Bootcamp I was doing really well getting very few wrong. That being said, it happens and I got some very obscure questions that I had never seen before and I knew both Bootcamp and Destroyer front and back so I don't know what happened. Chad was awesome also I had just got out of Orgo 2 so I was pretty fresh in it but I still watched his videos as a refresher for everything. I didn't get any NMR questions which I'm disappointed because I've always been pretty good at those. But I guess you win some and lose some and this was by no means a bad score! Lastly I ended up finishing the science section with about 25 minutes left.

Here are my Bootcamp scores thank you so much Ari you are awesome without you I would not have felt as comfortable going into the test as I did!! And so freaking affordable I'm sad I spent money on Crack the DAT PAT since I didn't even end up using it.

Bio 17/18/17/21/19 Average: 18.4 Actual: 20
GC 18/20/22/20/18 Average: 19.6 Actual: 27
OC 22/19/20/26/23 Average: 22 Actual: 21
PAT 21/21/18/18 Average: 19.5 Actual: 23
RC 20/16/22 Average: 19.3 Actual: 23
QR 20/20/21/20 Average: 20.25 Actual: 24

I know I posted my actual scores a lot but I just always hate having to scroll so I thought I'd save you guys the time!:)
DAT scores.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Really nice job. What do you recommend I do to learn the TFE. I always attempt that section and end up guessing because I really don't understand it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Really nice job. What do you recommend I do to learn the TFE. I always attempt that section and end up guessing because I really don't understand it.
I'd say just do lots once you start to get the hang of it you'll be able to understand the problems and make sure to use programs that show the 3D objects (in the answers) so you can better understand why lines are where they are in the answers