DAT done! Should I worry about my PAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mochodragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the DAT and received the following scores:

PAT 19
QR 20
RC 22
BIO 23
GC 23
OC 25

TS 24
AA 23

Will my PAT score hurt my chances? Especially because it's this late in the cycle... My gpa is 3.96. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, thanks- I was just looking at some of the schools averages and a lot of them stated 20 or above as their average PAT score... so I wasn't sure.

exactly-average. I'm pretty sure the average applicant doesn't have a TS 24 and AA 23 either.. Go have a beer and relax while waiting for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took the DAT and received the following scores:

PAT 19
QR 20
RC 22
BIO 23
GC 23
OC 25

TS 24
AA 23

Will my PAT score hurt my chances? Especially because it's this late in the cycle... My gpa is 3.96. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

How do people put so much effort into the admissions test, but know nothing about admissions in general?

Of course I'm telling the truth! Why wouldn't I? This is my first post, so I guess you guys don't trust me yet... ;)

PAT -I used Crack the PAT which was okay, but I felt that keyholes and TFE were much harder on the actual DAT. For other people taking the DAT, additional material is very necessary.

QR -Chads videos and quizzes, Math Destroyer, 2 Bootcamp tests

RC -I started with Bootcamp, but got discouraged, so I did 2 Crack the DAT reading tests which gave me good practice. It was similar to the DAT in terms of the complexity of the passages, but the DAT questions were more detail oriented and less tone based.

BIO -AP cliffs and destroyer, 5 Bootcamp tests, 8 dat q vault tests

GC -Chads videos and quizzes, destroyer, 5 Bootcamp tests

OC -Chads videos and quizzes, destroyer, 5 Bootcamp tests

And that's basically it....

Last edited:
You have a great GPA and DAT scores.

Many, including me, thought that you were "trolling" until you showed sincerity in your replies because your scores must be around 98 percentile and it is hardly a number that you will ask if you need to retake or not.

I understand you were looking at your PAT score and it's around 65 percentile, so you probably went "OMG!" but you do NOT need above 90th percentile on every category to get into dental schools.