DAT done, wondering what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckliethe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the DAT last Saturday and here are my scores:

Bio 17
GChem 16
OChem 15
PAT 18
RC 25
QR 15
TS 16
AA 18

My GPA is 3.95 and I have solid ECs and will have great LORs. I am applying to midwest schools with my sights set on Marquette. They ask for at least a 15 in each section. Are these scores, a little lower than average, going to be ok considering my GPA, etc? I will retake but obviously don't want to if I don't have to. The earliest I can retake is the end of July...if I apply early and retake, will I still be ok?

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the DAT last Saturday and here are my scores:

Bio 17
GChem 16
OChem 15
PAT 18
RC 25
QR 15
TS 16
AA 18

My GPA is 3.95 and I have solid ECs and will have great LORs. I am applying to midwest schools with my sights set on Marquette. They ask for at least a 15 in each section. Are these scores, a little lower than average, going to be ok considering my GPA, etc? I will retake but obviously don't want to if I don't have to. The earliest I can retake is the end of July...if I apply early and retake, will I still be ok?

Thanks everyone!

not to bag on you, but i don't get how anyone with a 3.95 GPA get a TS of 16?! Is your school super easy or what because that is a super red flag for ADCOM

not to bag on you, but i don't get how anyone with a 3.95 GPA get a TS of 16?! Is your school super easy or what because that is a super red flag for ADCOM

ya, a 16 is a serious problem for TS, your low QR isn't a problem though.
the TS is a red flag.
RC is most important section in the DAT of the 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake and with you GPA you probably only need a 18-19AA. But shoot for 20AA.

Retake and with you GPA you probably only need a 18-19AA. But shoot for 20AA.

Not trying to be a smart aleck, but I think everyone should shoot for a 20AA. I think if you study hard enough, you can do it.

Thanks guys. If I retake in late July will that be enough time to still get accepted for fall 2009?

As for the RC, I used the stradegy of quickly skimming the passage and then answering each question. If I couldn't find an answer, I guessed, marked it, and usually found the answer while looking for another answer a few questions later.

You can have AADSAS filled out and sent before you have your dat scores, which take about 3-4 wks to reach schools. I would have everything ready so you can apply early. Study hardcore for your retake. GL