DAT DOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!! I finally can see the light

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Menthol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT: 22 (93.4%)
Q-reasoning:19 (91.2%):mad: got tired..
Reading : 20 (64.3%)
Bio:21 (92.3%)
Gen Chem:24 (97.7%):biglove:
O Chem:27 (98.8%):soexcited:
TS: 23 (97.8%)
AA:22 (97.0%)

soooooooooooooooooo glad to be done!
It was my first time taking DAT :) and I studied for two months (7~8 hours a day)

PAT: CDP
I only did four tests out of five. I had a difficult time with angle ranking Qs so what I did was i bought a protractor and made my own problems
i think it worked for me.. and if you want to master hole punching problems..watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ud0ZX0eEFA.
and DO NOT rely on a counting the # of lines method for TFE.. !every single choice had the same # of vertical or horizontal lines
i was like.. okay there are five vertical lines let's see..... A. 5 lines...B 5lines...C 5lines...D 5 lines.....waht the...
so....! practice visualizing a real image!

Q-reasoning: DAT Destroyer
similarity to real DAT :100% ( i'm not lying!)
problems weren't that bad..I just couldn't concentrate.. if you can do DAT math destroyer easily. then you are going to ace this section
and make sure you memorize the unit conversions (miles to km, lb to kg so on)!!!!!!! and of course trig formulas

Reading: CDR
okay.. honestly.. CDR was wayyyyyyyyy harder.. i got 16,16,17 on CDR and decided to stop using it..
I think the difficulty of passages was about the same as that of science magazines.
I used a search and destroy method and it worked for me..

Biology: Alan's note, Cliff, DATqvault, DAT destroyer, Topscore
the first four materials are must for bio.. I was expecting to score higher than what i got..
because i spent most of my time studying for bio.....................
..i had a lot of "What if" questions.... if this doesnt work then ___ won't happen.

Genchem: DATqvault, Topscore, CHAD video, DAT destroyer
If i were you.. i would first review gen chem materials with Chad videos.. this will solidify your gen chem knowledge..
then do DATqvault and finish this section with DAT destroyer..
DAT destroyer was definitely a overkill..though
focus on knowing general concepts!

Ochem: DATqvault, Topscore, CHAD video, DAT destroyer
same as gen chem. watch chad video>DAT qvault>DAT destroyer
for ochem, you should do DAT destroyer..I think it helped me immensely. I even had the same question!!
also i had about three lab questions
Again...focus on knowing general concepts...rather than memorizing bunch of reactions
but of course memorize alll the reactions that CHAD wants you to know

DAT is not too hard... trust me.. Qs you see on the real DAT are aloooooot easier than your professors' exams.
so.....dont stress too much.....thats the worst thing you can do to yourself...
stress too much > can't focus on studying> bombbbbbbb DAT
so ...yeah...
I already submitted my application for the 2012-13 cycle.....hoping for some interview invites......!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oi! The light is mine! Get your own thread title. I declare shenanigans.

Seriously though, great job on the scores! Solid all around. Don't worry about QR, since a 19 is good nuff for every school.

Good job!. Aren't you glad you don't have to take it again? it was 5 hours of hell to me..

ushaseos: Haha I'M SORRY! you have every right to claim it as yours!! since your score is monsterous!!

Laughinggas: yeap:) no more DAT prep!. the guy who sat next to me was making annoying sound for four hours ("kukukukukum") YEAP....i'm telling you the truth,, it was very irritating..

Last edited:
Awesome scores!!! Congrats!! When you say DAT math destroyer did you mean the regular Destroyer book or the Math Destroyer?? Thanks!

i got herb, bone, and....
hum..i don't remember what the last passage was :eek:

I think we took the same version of the test! I had the same passages as you. Wasnt the lastpassage about antibiotic resistance?:eek:

Btw great job!

Awesome job, Congrats!!!! Put your feet up and relax now.....well at least try ( ;

Members don't see this ad :)
would you mind telling me what was your scores? just for the comparison of topscore vs real DAT. thanks :)

no..i have yorkshire terrier instead :)
i wish I could have this puppy :love::D black/tan jindo dog :)
I want white ones! But yorkies are cute too! The ones I know are so noisy. xD They pack a surprisingly loud bark for such a small creature haha.