DAT FINALLY done 8/14/08 (FRAPPED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndndentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IM FINALLY DONE!!! The relief of being done is better than any other feeling! Anyways, Ive been reading this site all summer so i finally decided to join. I got the FRAP question in Bio (#35) and I got the ethics passage. But I'm still just happy to be done. Overall gpa is 3.58 and science gpa is 3.35. I used Kaplan book, Destroyer (AMAZING!) and i bought CDP like 2 weeks ago but i only did the first 3 tests... I guess i should have done more.

Topscore 1/ 2/ 3

BIO ______17/ 18/ 18
Chem ____17/ 18/ 18
Ochem ___17/ 17/ 19
PA _______19/ 20/ 19
Reading ___17/ 23/ 21
Quant ____18/ 16/ 17
AA _______17/18/19
TS _______17/18/19

Actual DAT taken 8/14/08

Bio 18
Chem 19
Ochem 21:thumbup:
PA 18:thumbdown:
Reading 19
Quant 18

AA 19
TS 19

Thanks to sdn I knew about the hard ethics passage so i skipped it and did the other 2 first. I think thats what saved me otherwise i would have wasted too much time on it. I'm sad about my PA cuz my avg on Topscore and CDP was 19-20. I was surprised by Ochem cuz i only had 15 min to do it cuz i wasted waayyy too much time in Bio cuz there were the most random questions ever. But Ochem is very straightforward... just a lot of rxns. I practiced a lot of math. i did all the Topscore math sections twice to practice my timing and i could never finish on time. But on the actual test i guessed on a few that looked like they would take too long and i actually finished all 40 for the 1st time!

Unfortunately i still don't think I'm good enough to get into a California school which is what i really want!!! if its not cali then i don't really care... they're all the same.. any one will do!
Feel free to ask any questions about the type of questions that were on the test.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
bump.

I got very similar scores and was wondering what everyone thought about my chances...

PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 19
Bio: 19
GC: 18
OC: 19
TS: 19
AV: 19

Thanks in advance for the input!

Yalls scores are very consistent, 19 is pretty good and your GPA is pretty solid also. I think yall should both definately get interviews and stand a good chance of getting in to the school of your liking.

I am taking my DAT tomorrow at 1 and am worried about RC. How do yall go at it? Did yall use search and destroy or skim it and then do questions? What would yall recommend now that you have been through it?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how often the frap passage appears? hopefully not too often...like this saturday

Thanks for the insight!
-For reading comp i did a hybrid of the search and destroy and I tried to skim over the entire passage first so I would know where to look for the answer to the question. I didn't write anything down as I read and found it fairly easy to remember key words and phrases. Good look tomorrow! I would say the best advice I can give is to not freak out. Take a deep breath and once you get started the nerves will go away.